Thread: Adelpha will be free once again :-)

Adelpha will be free once again :-)

Cryptic, I know... :lol:

I've finally managed to get Outcast running again... On an XP box

This site has the install patch and additional patches to get it running... No music though unfortunately

http://outcastii.free.fr/www/eng/ind...d.html#patches

I installed the Outcast_patch_install followed by running through the normal unstaller.. which worked, but didn't run once the movie had finished... so I ran the Patch No3, then tried to run Outcast again from the menu... YAY! it worked

Blog Entries

Modified your post with a Wikipedia link to the Outcast article...

[size=9px]I love that site... [/size]

Interesting story...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

ohh,.. I know that game :shock:

I still have the box on a book shelf somewhere. It actually was a pretty good game, although I've never finished it :?

One of the best uses of voxel technology out there.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I forgot how much I liked that game, I played it non-stop until 1:30am.. I had intended to do some CrashBlock work.. but instead, I found myself running around Shamazarr on a Twon-Har trying to convince Maar to stop Riss production so the soldiers will get weak... well, he'd better hurry up, or there won't be many soldiers left

It's great when you can get old games working, especially when they required a super ninja PC when they first came out.. It runs like a dream on my PC now :lol:

Edit:
    BTW: you can still buy Outcast in the shops, it's here on Amazon in the UK.. but you'll probably be able to pick up a cheap copy somewhere else.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atari-Outcas...158883&sr=8-12

Then run the patch I describe at the start and off you go.