Hi WILL & all,

Quote:> The idea is that if you are installing Lazarus, FPC 2.0.4 comes with it and is ready to go right after installation.

Thanks you pointing that out, as I did not realise it.

Please forgive my naive questioning, but I only got Linux installed within the last 2 or 3 days. I still have a lot to learn about UBUNTU and Linux.

Can you (or anyone) please tell me the URL I need to go to find the correct version of Lazarus.

Also, because I'm a total newbie to Linux UBUNTU I would appreciate step by step help in installing it. { for example, it took me ages to work out that for me to open a Terminal window as root I needed to enter the command "sudo -i" ... now I know! }

I don't really understand how TAR and GZ files work. I am quite used to using WinZip and WinRAR on Micro$oft Windows XP Home Edition... I think that I would be happier with something which installing with a GUI (if that's possible?). The WIZARDS in WinRAR were a great help!!!

Note!!! I do *not* have M$ Windows of any version currently installed on my computer eg it is 100% Linux Ubuntu & I don't really want to install Windows on it either.

I am actually a pretty smart user but I have been used to using Micro$oft Windows & other operating systems before that.

Perhaps you could consider the info you need to tell me as a guide to other users who are also having similar problems.

Fond Regards,
Peter_from_Hobart,
signing off from beautiful city of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.

-----