Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: irrPascal :: Irrlicht for Pascal

irrPascal :: Irrlicht for Pascal

It is now possible to write event receiver code in class instead of top level function. Hopefully creating of Irrlicht arrays will be finished soon and creating of custom scene nodes will follow.

I dropped support for latest SVN version of Irrlicht. From now on only stable versions of Irrlicht will be supported (currently 1.3).

BTW CustomSceneNode is almost complete

Call for help

IrrPascal is working fine under Windows, but I don't know how to compile and setup shared library in Linux?

Can anyone create makefile and all that is necessary for libIrrPascal.so to compile?

Hi, i'm Gendo Ikari from Italy.
    Do you need some help for windows version? I'm really interested in your project, and if it will be finished i'll be glad.
    I'm not bvery pro with c++ but i know both c++ and object pascal.
    Italian Member: Sorry for my bad english.
    <br />Languages known: Delphi 7, C++.
    <br />Experiences with Asphyre, Irrlicht, OpenGL, NDS homebrew, and so on...

Help is always appreciated

This project doesn't require advanced c++ knowledge. I'm currently trying to compile IrrPascal and IrrTest on Linux but I just can't do it.

You can download SVN version from sourceforge and start adding support for GUI classes or something other if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Srki_82
    GCC compiler is probably better choice because there is no dependecise to msvcxxxx.dll
    Check on Project Options / C++ / Code Generation if you are using DLL version of runtime. It shouldn't depend on msvcxxx.dll if you link c++ runtime staticly.
    blog: http://alexionne.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Srki_82
    Call for help

IrrPascal is working fine under Windows, but I don't know how to compile and setup shared library in Linux?

Can anyone create makefile and all that is necessary for libIrrPascal.so to compile?
    I can help you with linux stuff at least. It would be VERY nice if you could join us at #pgd so we can discuss stuff realtime? I really hate developing over mail or forums

I have compiled the .so successfully and your demo works with it. You can get the makefile with all requirements at http://members.chello.sk/ales/irrpas.tar.gz

Just extract and put the contents to your IrrPascal sources dir, overriding files. It contains all irrlicht .h files as well as the libIrrlicht.so itself (1.3.1 compiled on my machine). You can replace the lib in the "lib" subdir easily if you wish. There's also a sample compiled pascal test binary (linux).

I had to fix 3 cpp files. 2 were "API mistakes" (one typo, one change) and 1 is beyond me. Triangle3d has some oddities.
    1. You used a private method, I removed that one (just made it return false)
    2. There's a very odd error on IsFrontSide method regarding & operator inside the irrlicht triangle.h file. Can't figure out what's wrong so I made it return false as well.

With these changes your example worked on linux.
    Feel the power of Open Source.
    <br />Feel the power of Free Pascal.

Is this project already dead?

I don't hope so. Well, when I tried to run the latest version of the files I noticed you don't provide a pre-compiled .DLL. Since I don't have VC++ I tried to compile one with MingW system (g++) but didn't work for me. Maybe in next releases you could provide some pre-compiled files.

Furthermore I wonder why you don't use the original .DLL and just provide the units for translation (like e.g. in JEDI-SDL project) but try to rewrite the IrrPascal.DLL/IrrPascal.so?

There are several problems for this approach to be possible:

1. Irrlicht DLL exports only two function, and they are both used to create Irrlicht device.

2. Irrlicht is heavily based on C++ templates. So, one would need to rewrite all template classes in Pascal (arrays, maps, strings, ...) or to write DLL wrapper which would export functions with clean C interface.

3. Pascal compilers (FPC & Delphi) still don't support direct linking to C++ code which uses templates.

Also, I think that Srki still tried to link directly to Irrlicht DLL, but without success
    blog: http://alexionne.blogspot.com/

Hi!

I didn't touch IrrPascal wrapper for a long time. I moved to another country and because of my new job there is no time for me to develop IrrPascal for now. I'll continue as soon as have more free time

New Irrlicht introtuced new template classes... that means even more code will be duplicated Copy, Paste, Replace... Copy, Paste, Replace In the end IrrPascal wrapper will be bigger than Irrlicht

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast