One thing where I would like work are language extenstions by the Vector Pascal compiler. This would greatly allow the possibilities for vectorizable code, and they are usefull to make the language more powerfull too.

Another thing I would like to do is to review the core types of the language, i.e. the base types are one of the few things that remained the same over the years. Why are we limited to bytes, chars, enumerations, reals, and strings as base types is a question that I want to ask myself.

Take a look at the char type. It physically the same as a byte, but a separate type allows us type-safeness, specials syntax like character constants, and semantics, like string+char expressions.

There are many more things that could have their own build-in type, but for many things the type construction possibilities in Pascal are adequate. I.e. we absolutely don't need a build-in type for a 2D point or something. But perhaps we could make life easier for programmers with a type for a time and date, or perhaps ip-addresses. The question here is what advantage does it bring and is it worth compiler support?

Enhancements that are already in 2.3 are:
* The ability to use val/str/read(ln)/write(ln) on enumeration types.
* A redesigned heap manager that improves performance a lot in multithreaded applications and reduced the compiler memory usage by 25% (much less fragmentation)