Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Object Pascal on Game Consoles

Object Pascal on Game Consoles

One difference between the GP2X and PS3 is that the GP2X is a 100% Linux device, while the PS3 has a "native" mode where the game can have the contol over the machine. (The Linux is slightly sandboxed due to DRM security issues.)

However, native PS3 will probably remain a dream unless the DRM will be hacked.

Just as a followup to this thread. Chrome does indeed work on XBox 360 without the need for a C# wrapper. It's a bit fiddly, but it is possible. Article due out soon.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

With recent developments from Nintendo it's possible that with the new WiiWare, when it comes out, we might be able to leverage FPC to allow the making of games for the Wii. And depending on what the big 'N' decides to do for pricing, their own 'Live Arcade' platform might be a new way to release your games.

Though quality control becomes an issue too.

http://www.developmag.com/news/27792...nfirms-WiiWare
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Allowing is one thing. If what I've read on GD.Net about sdk prices is correct, then these kits don't exactly come for free.
    In fact, after rereading the posts check out this site about becoming a wii authorized developer.

Approximate development costs range from $2,500 to $10,000
    :shock: I want some of what they are smokin' :shock:

Anyways, Vector Pascal does support the PS2, I used to have source for a game on PS2 that was done in VP but never had VP to compile it and test it on our PS2 when we had it.

On the Wii front, I thought there is supposed to be something similar to XBox's Creators Club. Maybe I heard wrong, but the pricing was supposed to be similar as well.

Blog Entries

I think there might be some older information being mixed with the new announcement somewhere, with regards to the WiiWare deal.

XBox360 is offering $99 to run your game on XBoxLive Arcade so Nintendo will have to match this in some way to compete with Microsoft. Sony as well.

The WiiWare SDK hasn't been released yet, and I don't believe that their HQ has actually made any official statements beyond their general intentions just yet. I think that you'll start hearing a different tune close to release time.

And if they are crazy enough to try pawning off a $2,500 - 10,000 price tag, I'm sure you'll eventually see that price tag drop like it's 1945.

Oh and just as a heads up. I managed to get the whole FPC Team excited about it. [size=9px](Save maybe Marcov, he wasn't there yesterday for my IRC chat)[/size] They assured me that it is well withing the realm of possibility to target Wii with FPC.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Oh and just as a heads up. I managed to get the whole FPC Team excited about it. [size=9px](Save maybe Marcov, he wasn't there yesterday for my IRC chat)[/size] They assured me that it is well withing the realm of possibility to target Wii with FPC.
    I have read the IRC log... cool!!
    I'm pretty interested in this new port... well, at least when Nintendo will release a way to load hb on it
    [size=9px]I guess I'll need to put away my spare bucks for a Wii now :roll: :lol: [/size]

(BTW, I would like to try to add that THUMB part to arm, but I don't know where I should start from :lol
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Hmm... talk to Florian on IRC. I think he knows where to start, but SAA is taking over their priorities right now. Then there's the Win64 debugger, etc...

Though they did note Wii support to be about as high a priority as the Win64 debugger. ...or maybe it was me, but no one complained.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

This thread http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...pic.php?t=4870 contains info about FreePascal on Xbox.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Re: Object Pascal on Game Consoles

So what, Finally what is the best portable or not portable console for making games in pascal(and I mean .exe games)
    Live programming, eat programming, breath programming and die programming

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast