Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
My problem with flash is that the (cough cough) supplied (choke) hardware arghhhh-celeration is dodgy at best... My ATI HD4330 plays a lot of games in med/high, yet battles with some flash games!?! Sort of the same problem for Java. I mean, how does C&C3 in med/high use less power than miniclip?
Most off flash games doesn't even use full hardware support, like OpenGL or DirectX. That's why CPU load is alway high while playing theese games. Also another drawback are browsers. Why? Not all browsers support full hardware support for any flash game. For instance there is a big difference between Internet Explorer 8 and internet Explorer 9. Why? Internet Explorer 9 is using DirectX surface for renderning page graphics (including graphics of flash applications) . Becouse of this the renderning itself is done with the help of a graphic card, wich leaves more CPU power to proces something else. In Internet Explorer 8 the pages were renderned on a normal window surface (exuivalent to canvas), wich is much slower and uses much more CPU power.

Now for the main subject of the theme.
I like Pascal much better than C/C++ even thou I first started programing in C++. Why?
1. Pascal sintax is much more comprehensive for me
2. Delphi IDE wich I'm using has many neat fetures and even a good runtime optimizer.
3. I like the ability to be able to declare local variables wich are accesible only from certain function oz procedure. I also like when theese variables are being automaticly freed when function or procedure ends (ending in regular way or by some exception). This helps alot in lowering memory leaks.
4. I like how projects are being precompiled and then linked. This way only the units wich has been changed from the last compilation are being recompiled, all other units are just being linked into the application. This enables much faster compilation, and actualy alows you to build an application wich is in a signle file.
5. I DON'T like tha fact that it is sometimes very hard to find some code samples, due to lower popularity of Pascal, especialy if you are trying to looking for the code wich utilizes latest technological fetures. I especially don't like when I find some poor C++ or VisualC to Pascal translation, becouse most of the times the code doesn't work as efficient as the one in C++ or VisualC, and all off this only becouse off a poor translation.