Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Mundo 3D MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    My computers are dead, so I only have a little notepad with Windows XP. Will Mundo work on it?
    It can run under windows XP, and even at a 10-year-old video board, but at least 2 Mb of RAM are needed, 4 Mb is more guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Robles View Post
    It can run under windows XP, and even at a 10-year-old video board, but at least 2 Mb of RAM are needed, 4 Mb is more guaranteed.
    I think I have to wait until I have a better machine.
    No signature provided yet.

I think I have to wait until I have a better machine.
    How old is this notepad of yours then so that it would not be able to run the game?

Year 2002. 2 cores at 1.6GHz, 1.9MiB RAM. It barelly is able to run Minecraft 1.0 in shortest distance without any extra. Also, my mouse left button is broken now and I should use the pad's button instead.

Anyway, I'll download it and see what happens.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 15-01-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

Hey, that's better than my previous computer, year 2006 single-core 1.6GHz and 1.5GiB RAM.

Year 2002. 2 cores at 1.6GHz, 1.9MiB RAM. It barelly is able to run Minecraft 1.0 in shortest distance without any extra. Also, my mouse left button is broken now and I should use the pad's button instead.

I believe you should run it pretty smoothly.

As for barely running Minecraft. Bare in mind that Minecraft is very poorly optimized. For instance I can't run Mincraft at decent frame rate on my oldest laptop computer (1.6 GHz, 512 MB RAM).
    I can run vanilla Minecraft at decent frame rate on my newer laptop computer (AMD Turion 1.8 GHz two core, 4GB RAM, Windows7 64bit) but adding some mods can lower the frame rate significantly.
    And in order to run Mincraft with all those moods and having good frame rate I need to do it on my newest desktop computer with 8 core AMD CPU running at 2.0 GHz with 16 GB of ram. And even on this configuration I could cause the reduced frame rate if using to many dimensional anchors which are used to prevent unloading of certain map chunks so that machines that are placed on them still operate even if I have gone far away.
    So don't judge your computer capabilities based on Minecraft.

As for broken left mouse button you might be able to fix it depending on what is the cause of its problems.
    Sometimes the problem is that the plastic of the mouse button simply wears out and no longer presses on the switch as it should. In such cases I used to simply put some duct tape on the plastic in order to extend it (fill up the wored part).
    Other times the switch itself might wore out. In such cases it is sometimes possible to unsolder it and switch it with ones that belongs to right or middle click buttons.
    And in one case I just had to disassemble the switch itself and clean its inside components with so called "contact spray" to remove oxidation.
    But on the other hand buying a new mouse isn't such a big expense. Here in Slovenia you can get decent wireless mouse for about 15 EUR or a wired mouse for as low as 8 EUR cost.

I like the idea that software (not only games) be flexible and adapt to weaker hardware.

I was thinking about a more agressive memory manager that could automatically reduce/enlarge the distance of objects loaded and even the size of textures trying to best fit the hardware available.

Of course manual controls would be fine too.

I like the idea that software (not only games) be flexible and adapt to weaker hardware.
    I also like such idea myself.

I was thinking about a more agressive memory manager that could automatically reduce/enlarge the distance of objects loaded and even the size of textures trying to best fit the hardware available.
    Don't forget that todays computers are multitasking machines which means that you may not have full hardware capabilities available to your application.

Mundo 1.3 was released!

Mundo 1.3 was released!

This time the major feature added is a quest button/window that show the player's quests. There are some minor improvements and fixes.

The project is hosted at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/

http://www.gamemundo.com:8100

Server is up! Just download and play!

You can press F1 to get a help screen.

Thanks for your feedback.

Full changelog:

* Added Quest List button/window;
    * Improved Loading;
    * Added Loading music;
    * Added compatibility with Lazarus 1.6;
    * Upgraded LNet para 0.6.2;
    * Fixed to when click in register or ranking in fullscreen mode close the game so the user can see the web browser.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast