Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble with shaders...

Trouble with shaders...

If you aim for advanced stuff, then use the GLSL custom shaders. There are as of late GLScene some fixed ones translated, so you should be able to get their GLSL code and combine it. GLSL isn't all that difficult (2 days of proper study and you should be able to do some stuff in it) and it provides a truly flexible solution.

So I'd advise for you to remove all the fixed-pipeline shaders, and make a custom GLSL shader code. This way you will do the texturing + bump + normal + other mapping yourself and you can also do easy switching and other nifty stuff. It's a bit jump at start but once you get it up and running it's almost fun.

Just make sure your card has at least 1.5GL support
    Feel the power of Open Source.
    <br />Feel the power of Free Pascal.

Trouble with shaders...

Wow that video http://www.satoworks.com/MasterClass...layBlust02.mpg is impressive.

Isn't this the sort of system that Half Life 2 uses for their facial animations?

What would be handy is if Maya or other 3D packages could export the shaders that they use to get their effects.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Trouble with shaders...

Quote Originally Posted by Almindor
    If you aim for advanced stuff, then use the GLSL custom shaders. There are as of late GLScene some fixed ones translated, so you should be able to get their GLSL code and combine it. GLSL isn't all that difficult (2 days of proper study and you should be able to do some stuff in it) and it provides a truly flexible solution.

So I'd advise for you to remove all the fixed-pipeline shaders, and make a custom GLSL shader code. This way you will do the texturing + bump + normal + other mapping yourself and you can also do easy switching and other nifty stuff. It's a bit jump at start but once you get it up and running it's almost fun.

Just make sure your card has at least 1.5GL support
    Thanks man. I'll start working on it straight away .
    - Scarlet Rain -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12