Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dev.Mag Issue 14

Blog Entries

Dev.Mag Issue 14

<center></center>

A brand new issue of Dev.Mag is out! And look who made the front cover...

Michiel and Frank wrote a really nice piece on the making of their Award winning '.S.C.A.G.' and ended up in the Feature section. Nice work guys! :thumbup:

This issue is pretty good overall, but it is especially nice for the beginners as this month they are focusing on some of the core basics.

[size=9px]Go get the lastest issue at www.devmag.org.za![/size]
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Dev.Mag Issue 14

And once again, a fine read it is :thumbup:

Dev.Mag Issue 14

Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere, but GameMaker, which is reviewed in this edition, is written in Delphi.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Dev.Mag Issue 14

Yeah, where on the frontpage
    Never thought we would make it to teh frontpage
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Dev.Mag Issue 14

You beat me to it this month!

I'll also start adding some non game-maker sections to my newbie articles - always a month after the game maker equivilent - so next month I'll look at Frame Based and Time Based movement of 2D sprites in a "read" programming language (like FPC/Delphi )
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Dev.Mag Issue 14

Speaking of GameMaker and Delphi, does Mark Overmars every visit this site? It would be interesting to hear his point of view on some of the topics that go on, and to see if there will ever be a cross platform version of the application suite.

Dev.Mag Issue 14

It has been said by Mark that their most likely wont be a cross platform version of GM since it makes good use of DirectX. However with this new YoYo-thing there might be some changes about that, but it's unlikely.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Dev.Mag Issue 14

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
    It has been said by Mark that their most likely wont be a cross platform version of GM since it makes good use of DirectX. However with this new YoYo-thing there might be some changes about that, but it's unlikely.
    When did Mark say that there would not be a cross-platform version of GM?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Dev.Mag Issue 14

It said so on the old gamemaker-nl side (which is no longer in use) and now it's written here under 'About the Program'.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries

Dev.Mag Issue 14

Thats unfortunate, OpenGL would be used to great effect under FPC/Laz should Mark change his mind on that. In fact, if he didn't mind having a deploy-only version for the other 2 major platforms, he'd be able to do that right now.

The main problem with doing a Lazarus GUI right now is that there a few instabilities of parts of the LCL. It's being worked on, but hey, it's a small team working on it so it will take some time to get through them.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast