Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2D Top Down water effect

2D Top Down water effect

I'd like to add some pools of water in the levels of my top down 2D game. Where can I get some info about creating a nice effect that would look good from above? I am fairly sure I can get a riple effect going, but what about good looking still water or slightly wavey? Would the same principles of bumpmaps etc, normally used in 3D games, apply here was well?

Links example code welcome.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

2D Top Down water effect

ofcourse 3d applies to 2d too, but if you are looking for shader effect, go to gpgpu website.
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

2D Top Down water effect

where exactly on that site?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

2D Top Down water effect

There are some freeware tools with those you can make an animation out of a single water texture. I used that in Xenidis and Commando Xenidis. Make some sin/cos wobbling...

I think the name of it was Texturewobbler, I am not sure.

I can look if I still got it if you are interested...

Firle

2D Top Down water effect

For Village Defense I've experimented with multiple textures fading in and out. It's been a while since I last touched it and I don't think I ever completed it, but I remember the results being quite nice. For a 2d scene that is.

2D Top Down water effect

Quote Originally Posted by Firlefanz
    I think the name of it was Texturewobbler, I am not sure.

I can look if I still got it if you are interested...

Firle
    Sure if it's easy to get a hold of.

2D Top Down water effect

That looks like a handy little tool.

2D Top Down water effect

Yes, that's the one. I also had another if I remember right, but this should do.

Blog Entries

2D Top Down water effect

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Google for TextureWobbler
    Wow, can this thing do seamless tiles? Would be a real boon for Garland's Quest.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast