Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wicked Defense is now online!

Wicked Defense is now online!

That's an absolutely great game. :clap:

The effects are great and everything looks very dynamic and polished.
    And the concept is easy (because it's basicly 2D) but still very interesting.

Does the commercial version have a level editor included?? It would be a good reason for people to buy the game.

How long did it take to develop this one??

And eh... have you sold any copies yet, if true, how much?? :razz:

Good luck with it.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Does the commercial version have a level editor included?? It would be a good reason for people to buy the game.
    We are working on v1.1 release, which will feature level editor, ingame tutorials, new soundtrack and mp3 reproduction capability (to listen your favorite music ingame) and new type of gameplay.

How long did it take to develop this one??
    In total about four months. Things that took us most of the time were writing shaders and balancing towers. Actually, we used much less shaders than we did.

And eh... have you sold any copies yet, if true, how much?? :razz:
    Currently we are selling about two copies per week, which is not much; although, we haven't done any marketing and promotion yet, since we want to release v1.1 prior to that (and we can't work on both in the same time).

P.S. For those who can't run the game because lack of shader support, here're two videos of the gameplay (in one of them you can see me being beaten in my own map ops:

Wicked Defense - Video #1
    Wicked Defense - Video #2

In total about four months. Things that took us most of the time were writing shaders and balancing towers. Actually, we used much less shaders than we did.
    wow you did a tremendous job in such a short time. How big is your team??

[offtopic]
    ....and mp3 reproduction capability (to listen your favorite music ingame).....
    I like to have such a feature in my engine too.
    But the problem is:

I like to use one system/API for sound. I think OpenAL is a good choice, but the problem is that it doesn't support Mp3. I will have to decode mp3 myself, which is not allowed because mp3 is heavily pattented.

So How do you achieve this? Are you using seperate systems for Mp3 and soundeffects??
    like e.g Bass for SFX and TMediaPlayer for MP3. Do you decode MP3 :twisted: Or is there another way??
    [/offtopic]
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

wow you did a tremendous job in such a short time. How big is your team??
    Our team is composed of only two people - Humberto Andrade, who is very skilled in graphics and, of course, myself. Humerto did most of 2D icons and helped me with the code and shaders as well.

[offtopic]
    ....and mp3 reproduction capability (to listen your favorite music ingame).....
    I like to have such a feature in my engine too.
    But the problem is:

I like to use one system/API for sound. I think OpenAL is a good choice, but the problem is that it doesn't support Mp3. I will have to decode mp3 myself, which is not allowed because mp3 is heavily pattented.

So How do you achieve this? Are you using seperate systems for Mp3 and soundeffects??
    like e.g Bass for SFX and TMediaPlayer for MP3. Do you decode MP3 :twisted: Or is there another way??
    [/offtopic]
    Yes, Mp3 is patented, but AFAIK, you only have to pay for the coder (or if not, it's very cheap, I can't remember). In our game we use sound effects encoded in OGG.

We have purchased shareware BASS license and we use it for both 3D sound effects and music reproduction. The reason we used BASS was mostly because I've used it a lot in the past and it proved to be reliable. I have no experience with OpenAL, so I can't really suggest anything there (the only other package I have used was FMOD).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12