Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this legal?

Is this legal?

Incredibly cheep, but it looks like none of this software is actually the latest version...

I think maybe that is why it is so cheep... :shock:

Is this legal?

Yes, I can't believe it's that cheap. It says Borland Delphi 2005 Architect Edition, I think that's the latest version.

Is this legal?

Quote Originally Posted by cronodragon
    Yes, I can't believe it's that cheap. It says Borland Delphi 2005 Architect Edition, I think that's the latest version.
    no exist BDS2006 and Delphi2007 and C++Builder2007
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Is this legal?

Uhm... I'm a bit suspicious...

[size=7px]And $69.95 for a burned cd isnt so cheap, IMHO[/size] :lol:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Is this legal?

He he, You can buy Win98SE for $25.95. I wonder who would buy that? The site surely doesn't look legal. Perhaps you should notify CodeGear about this site (or some other authority). I'm sure they're not to happy about someone claiming that they can sell their software for such an insane price.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Is this legal?

Just to explain things a bit...

There is a 3/4ths (75%) chance of this being "pirateware." The financial chief of my company, a Silicon Valley startup, even fell for it when he tried to find Norton Ghost.

Contact Borland/CodeGear to find out if it is legal. My bet is that it is pirateware. And I'd put as much as $40 on that bet; I don't gamble.

Blog Entries

Is this legal?

If they had a bunch of boxed copies it would not be unlikely that they wanted to 'dump' them and make room for more inventory. The company that I work for does this all the time. A very low price doesn't make it illegal, it just means that they are willing to sell at a loss for whatever reason.

The fact that it's an old copy of Delphi 2005 Architect makes sense. There have been 2+ versions released since. Try to buy a copy of this or Delphi 7 somewhere else, see what you find. But the fact that they are selling downloadable copies... that does stink.

If it was a boxed copy that they are selling then I'd concur that this more than legit. However download sales or the very obvious burned copy would no doubt be illegal as only Borland/CodeGear would be legally entitled to sell their software in this manner, unless they were given some sort of authorized status. But then they'd be endorsed by CodeGear wouldn't they?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Is this legal?

Just a warning WILL, but ours wasn't a "digital download." Digital downloads that don't come from a valid distributor listed on the creator's site are obviously fake. But a "reseller" might lie about boxed copies and send you a sleeve with an obviously burned CD and a serial number. Pirateware.

If it is discount software suspect it instantly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast