Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
Hi Andreaz :-)
This looks great

One small thing, I did notice that the screenshot of the sprite demo seems to have small rectangle (or line) artifacts around the enemy sprites (bottom and sometimes sides)...

Is this just because of the screenshot taking, or is there a bug with the sprite drawing sometimes?

cheers,
Paul.
There's a white border around every sprite in the spriteset, to make it easier to define the patterns in the editor, this is what's showing, and it's fixxed easilly by making thoose parts transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
Nice work so far. I checked out some of the demos and test apps.

Most would compile using Lazarus without any setup what-so-ever, Bravo!

Had issues with 2 demos though;

- Fonts demo for Lazarus seemed to have messed up project files and wouldn't build.
- Components demo compiled ok. It seemed to start up ok, but crashed and closed it's self shortly after starting up. Here is the log file generated:
Lazarus is extreemly good to mess up project files in my experience, the font demo compiled and worked when i tested it yesterday.

The fault in the components is harder throught, it seems that for some reason fpc reads something differently then delphi, the error that occurs is that a string read gets a length thats longer then the length of the streem. Wich ofc doesnt happen in delphi (meaning that the offset in the stream is wrong at that location)

However once more I'm struck with the great thing that is lazarus, when stepping into
Code:
procedure TPHXContainer.LoadFromStream(Stream: TStream);
the debugger crashes. Bah, sometimes i get the urge to unistall laz and fpc from my computer permanently :O

Once you've fixed these please let me know, I'm making up a small spotlight video of the library to show off on my PascalGameDev channel on YouTube. (Random impulse, and it required very little of my time. )
I'll try to track down the gui error today, even throu it seems i have to log every component that's loaded via the console...

Oh and I'd recommend that you also setup a small Font/GUI Skin repository for users of your library to contribute to and access openly. It might help build a little sub-community around the library. Plus it'll make new people to the library have more than zero options when trying out your components unit.
Not that it's any work generating fonts using the included tools, but could create a few more (3 fonts in the various demos atm)