Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandwidth Exceeded messages...

Bandwidth Exceeded messages...

savage, it will probably be cheaper to drop the main site back down a package and use the smallest ASO Extreme package for the downloads etc http://asmallorange.com/services/hosting/extreme.php

Is it just the forum that makes the bandwidth go away? Or are there downloads somewhere here?

If it is the downloads could a mirror download situation be setup. I would be willing to mirror some files with my current websitehoster i have an 100gb bandwidth a month and i have some gb to spare. Maybe there are more people here willing to be a mirror site for the downloads. e.g. the more mirrors the less bandwidth is spend per mirror site.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Sure, I've got 50gb/month that I hardly use myself, so I dont mind mirroring a few files.

Blog Entries

As I understood from what Dom told me earlier today, it was due to the increase of downloads of the 2007 PGD Annual content. More specifically from the direct links from 2 reviews of Crash Block and Dungeon Looter.

Mirroring isn't a bad idea. This sort of thing is done via sourceforge for sub-sites like the New DelphiX, JEDI-SDL, FPC4GBA, etc...

The only issue is guarantee of how long you can provide this and it's dependability.

A fixed amount of GB each month seems like a fair plan to me, but it just needs to be coordinated with Dom and what he wants/can to do.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I've just excluded all bots from scanning PGD as that was eating up quite a few GB.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

It's better to do it a bit more controlled. You want PGD to appear in Google, but you don't want it to browse all user profiles or browse the reply page for each topic.

Quote Originally Posted by dmantione
    It's better to do it a bit more controlled. You want PGD to appear in Google, but you don't want it to browse all user profiles or browse the reply page for each topic.
    I'm only blocking it temporarily, until I have time to sit down and decide which sub-directories and pages it can access. Before today it and other bots had access to everything, which literally consumer GBs of usage.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I am glad that you solved the bandwidth problem and we are back on track, good job!

There are enough hosts today with unlimited bandwidth.

Our homepage www.magicstorm.de has unlimited download traffic (3,99 Euro per month).

www.alfahosting.de for example is such a host.

Firle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12