Quote Originally Posted by Diaboli
I dont do any resizing at all, so there really shouldnt be any problem.

each sprite is 24x32pixels, and 24 does not add up to 256.

i dont see any reason for having spritesheets that are uniform in sixe either, as long as the sprites fit and have the correct spacing.
(mine is automatically created, so sizing and spacing is allways correct)

I have used these spritesheets with unDelphiX and Gamemaker, and they work there, so why not with phoenix?

heres a pic of the char as it is in phoenix, and they way it should be

Its not a problem regarding resizing or streaching, it's a limitaion of the software in the modern GPU's, for speed resons they work best with textures that are power of two (32x32, 64x64 128x128 256x256). And as phoenix renders images as textured quads instead of plotting pixels such artifacts occur.

I know that some other libs to the resizing on load time, but I've decided not to for a few reasons, it messes with the patterns and takes time.

I dont know about gamemaker, but DelphiX doesnt use the 2D in 3D approach wich is why it works there, in DelphiX state changes is not an issue either for the same reason.

So resize the texture to the next power of two size and try again, it could be good to add a 1px border between each pattern aswell, but the latter can be helped with the texture filter as above.

One thing to note is that the non power of two textures work good on some hardware but far from all...