I'm really excited about the touch screen too, it's perfect for Crashblock's new menu system. As long as it behaves like a mouse and SDL receives a mouse move event followed by a mouse click event, then I won't have to change any code at all..

I managed to get your example code to compile and run on the GP2X last night (no skill required to run a batch file after setting up the environment eh? )

I noticed that your example project contains your modified SDL files, are these changes to the JEDI headers going to be incorporated into the current JEDI?

I noticed also that all of the controls are buttons.. does this mean that the GP2X joystick is just 4 buttons or is this just how things have been implemented? I mean, I don't really care either way, I treat joystick directions as digital events at the moment, but if I wanted to make a game where how hard or how far you press the joystick influences turning speed or something like that, is that possible in your knowledge/opinion?

I'm not using OpenGL, I've kept everything using native SDL calls though the JEDI-SDL headers. I feel this offers the highest compatibility and future proofing..

Is the problem with SDL_Mixer an issue with FreePascal or the C-compiled SDL_Mixer.so file? (does the GP2X use .so files?)

I'm all questions aren't I? :lol: but it's all for a good cause, the more I can understand about this and the things which need to be done, the faster I can get something working on it.

I'm not a big fan of fettling though, I like to just compile stuff and it works so any advances which can be made on the mixer/png/ogg front would be brilliant.

Then, we'll have another commercial game for the GP2X

Here's a taster (faked of course)