Thread: Output units and .exe to different folders with Lazarus

Output units and .exe to different folders with Lazarus

How can I configure Lazarus to output the .exe file in one directory, and the compiled units in another. I have the main program directory, and it's parent folder has all the units of my engine. This is because other programs have different child directories, and I don't want to copy all the engine units for them. In Delphi I set the search path as ..\ I tried the same in Lazarus, and when the program is compiled it sends the .exe and other related files to that folder, instead of the same folder of the main program. :?

Re: Output units and .exe to different folders with Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by cronodragon
    How can I configure Lazarus to output the .exe file in one directory, and the compiled units in another. I have the main program directory, and it's parent folder has all the units of my engine. This is because other programs have different child directories, and I don't want to copy all the engine units for them. In Delphi I set the search path as ..\ I tried the same in Lazarus, and when the program is compiled it sends the .exe and other related files to that folder, instead of the same folder of the main program. :?
    Try first a -FE<path> and then a -FU<path>

-FE is .exe + units
    -FU is only units, but overrides -FE

So -FE and -FU after eachother cause separate unit and exe path.