Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a real good RTS!

Looking for a real good RTS!

C&C Red Alert 2.

works great on any system, still has very active multiplayer scene.
    Hmmm.. :think: i bought C&C first decade a few months ago. I wanted to play RA2 over a network. but it didn't work out. I cannot use IPX/SPX on vista, and RA2 doesn't support TCP/IP AFAIK. Any suggestions?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Any suggestions?
    Sure, install xp on a seperate partition.

dosbox um... for the very old C&C (RA2 was windows right?)
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Actually, CnC Gold runs on XP. They patched it for compatibility.

WILL, I tried that game twice and got the same result: deletion of all game related files. :lol: Haphazard calamity! It just up and deleted itself!

The Machines of War game is interesting though. I like how it uses the GDI for everything, though I'm curious how he's gone cross platform with the GDI. Unless he used GTK.

The old, C&C 1 covert operations crashes on certain points .
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

If you like WW2 so try Sudden Strike 2 (with RWM mod). But here is no house building or standard resource management, only fighting, tactics..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-XTxdfBZ2U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-XTxdfBZ2U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Good one :thumbup:

I've played Sudden Strike a lot, too. It's a great game, difficult at certain times, but great.

World war 3: black gold. Really old, but I really loved the music and atmosphere. And it is "realistic", although in a different way than you would probably expect...

Blog Entries

Hmm... has anyone considered making an RTS project?

It would be somewhat easier to complete than say something like an RPG or something else with a ton of required content.

We've had Shooters, Platformers, Scrollers, RPGs galore, Racing, a Sim RPG project somewhere in there, puzzle galore, etc and so on... but I don't think we've had an RTS. At least one that was completed.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hmmm, iirc there was a thread about a Russian remake of dune2000, a few years ago. I've tried searching for it, but without results unfortunately.

Creating a rts game is still one of my ultimate goals. I'm not sure though if its easier than a rpg. I think the balancing issues and especially the enemy AI make it tougher than any other genre.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast