Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Genesis Device First Release

He Pitfriend,

Like a stated in my previous posts. I lost everything from the 2007 version in a hard disk crash and I got this version from an old friend of mine who still had it on his drive. So there are no more demo`s. When it comes to the 2009 version there was never anymore content.

I`m currently porting both versions to Lazarus and FreePascal since I'm not using Delphi anymore

Regards
    Luuk

I'm glad to hear your porting it to Lazarus, does that mean it will work with linux ?

I currently have no plans to port it to linux. It uses lots of windows API functions so it would require more work then just making it compile and using the LCL instead of VCL.

Thanks anyway, did a try with D2007, needed some fixes with some pwidechar/pchar here and there, after that both versions compile and run smoothly, only the 2009 editor thrown an error, but have no much time to look why.

I made some good progress porting both versions to Lazarus. The 2007 is done conversion wise and I`m currently fixing some minor problems with the editor of 2009. I`m also updating the 2007 version a bit with a some updates for the graphics:

- Unified the lighting in all shaders. Setting the main directional light now produces the result on all surfaces (terrain/water/grass and meshes).
    - Fixed some minor bugs in the water shaders
    - Redid the terrain shader. Now uses a lookup map with 4 channels to calculate the detail texture spread.
    - Finally I regenerated all the map data with l3dt (http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/). The terrain editor I was using at the time with better and higher quality textures

Things I still want to add:

- Day and night cycle. Should be easy with the unified lighting.
    - Trees.

I have added some screens for your enjoyment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (101.1 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (81.6 KB, 39 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (101.0 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (101.5 KB, 24 views)

good news , seems the engine support some modern rendering techniques .
    the grass looks perfect .

@AirPas
    The techniques are pretty old actually. Nothing special when you look at today's games.

I made a bit more progress today. I added the OBJ loader from the 2009 version to the 2007 version so now I can load the trees! I still need to write some code to actually place them randomly on the terrain but I can partially use the same system for generating the grass for this.
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (95.4 KB, 34 views)

great! did you update something we can download and test too?

Not jet. I first want to finish up the rendering of the trees and finish the remaining work on the 2009 versions editor before I will release anything.

I got some private messages from people asking me for an update. So Im still working on updating the 2007 version. So far I didn`t do any work on the 2009 version. Anyway some new things are:

- More code cleanup removing old and deprecated code.
    - Multi monitor support (From the 2009 version)
    - Added shader based gamma filtering.
    - Replaced old FSAA methods with new FXAA method (From the 2009 version)
    - Added new DDS texture loader and removed the Vampyre Image Library (http://imaginglib.sourceforge.net/) (From the 2009 version)

Still not sure when I will release it since I still want to add the tree rendering to the 2007 version and have not even started with the 2009 version jet.

And some new screenies:
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (92.5 KB, 31 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (101.0 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (21.3 KB, 20 views)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast