Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Genesis Device First Release

Got around finishing up most of the work on the 2007 version and I`m not starting on the 2010 version. Still lots of work there to get it compiling and working properly in Lazarus unfortunately. I made a new version of the 2007 version with all the new stuff

Last edited by Luuk van Venrooij; 09-01-2015 at 07:59 AM.

like it... very nice!

Looking good!
    If you develop an idiot proof system, the nature develops better idiots.

Thanks guys, I managed to got the 2010 version compiling in Lazarus and already finished most of the problems I wanted to fix before release. Only thing remaining is the editor of the 2010 version. This will require a bit more work I'm afraid. In the main time here is a video of the 2010 version

That looks great, makes me wanna mess with stuff like that too.
    If you develop an idiot proof system, the nature develops better idiots.

Thanks VGO

Another small update. I finally got the Editor compiling. I had major problems getting the MDI forms to work since the win32/64 LCL doesnt support them. I tried QT LCL to get it working but this gave me problems with my OGL contexts since I use normal windows API functions to create the OGL contexts for the viewports. Instead of MDI I made the parent of the viewport forms the main form. Since I don't have any easy management functions for the viewports like cascade etc I just added the 4 viewports forms with a fixed position. The editor doesn't have the fully customizable vieports anymore but for the time I want to spend on this this was the best solution.

And ofcourse a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luuk van Venrooij; 26-01-2015 at 08:32 AM.

So I`m also done with revamping the 2010 version of the Genesis Device engine and there both up on GitHub:

https://github.com/seriva

Also my new website is live with some more projects I worked or am currently working on is live now

http://luukvanvenrooij.nl/

Excellently! It`s made very well. Remarkable work.

Thanks Kordal. I`m currently still working on the 2007 version making improvements to the code

I have made lots of improvements to the 2007 version in the last few weeks. The biggest changes beeing:

- New input system without DirectX. I wanted to remove this for a possible linux port later on.
    - New sound system using OpenAL instead of FMod. Again for a possible linux port later on.
    - Using Lazarus generics instead of lists and typecasts everywhere.
    - Made records from al math related classes. This to save memory and speedup loading times.
    - Start of a new GUI system.
    - New animation system for foliage of which I made a small video:

And besides that lots of other fixes and improvements So check the git repository here:

https://github.com/seriva/GenesisDevice-2007

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345