Quote Originally Posted by czar
After trying everything to get an account on the Lazarus forum, even tried sending emails direct to the admin at Lazarus - no response. Very disappointing.
Not meaning to cut on the Lazrus dev guys, but this is one of many things that make the Lazarus community really inaccessible to new users.

I recall that I had a similar issue with my first account attempts and I ended up stuck having to have WILL2 as my username there, which really bugged the hell out of me since I had been the first to get "WILL" which for some popular sites is hard.

Really the only way to get in contact with the Laz or FPC developers (most of the time) is to pop on IRC and go into their channels on freenode.

Lazarus - #lazarus-ide
FPC - #fpc

PGD has one too at #pgd

But this isn't a great solution because you have to 1) stay online and on the server and 2) wait for someone to show up and 3) notice your question and 4) have the time to answer your question. If any one of these 4 things don't happen it's of no use to you.

Web Forums are a much easier medium. You just have to login and post your message then come back and check if some answered it. No waiting around or sifting through a long-ass chatlog like on IRC.

Not saying it's the developers fault, but they could do with a little help in their community side of things.