Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DXDraw.Options: do3D Problems

DXDraw.Options: do3D Problems

Hi

I test colormatch and delete patternHeigh and PatternWidth but bug persist.

I send you (for email) source code of other game to test cuttin bad edges in sprites and images when do3D is activate.

Sprite have a green pixels arround to see diference between do3D and not do3D. Image "Revoluciones.bmp" of MiniRacingOnline are put to see borders cut at images.

In this game not load big textures to background, only for test cuttin edges.

Thanks.
    www.kotai.es
    www.remakesonline.com -> Nemesis Online & Bubble Bobble Online & Castlevania Online & Penguin Adventure Online
    www.miniracingonline.com

Hello
    I saw sent pictures. I think that this no problem of option doD3D but problem in picture. Green color of background is RGB=$00FF00 but some pixels around pictures have tone or nuance of green color (or the same color but in other palette entry - 8 bit palette). When I tried color change in PSP, all pixels was succesfully changed but contoures was in tone green still.

I think, that picture has missing the mask for alphachannel too.
    Ijcro.

The green pixels of different color I have put meaningfully in order that you saw the difference better on having put do3D since the sprite is extended by 2 and the cut of the edges was not obvious very much.
    In the folder "/personajes" you have the image without the green pixels, but it is difficult more of estimating the bad cuttin edges.

Also there is the image "Revoluciones.bmp" from MiniRacingOnline in the one that appreciates better the evil cuts away of the edges

Tries you with another sprite with more detail (or reduces the size of the current one to the half) to estimate better the bad cut of the edges.

Regards. :roll:
    www.kotai.es
    www.remakesonline.com -> Nemesis Online & Bubble Bobble Online & Castlevania Online & Penguin Adventure Online
    www.miniracingonline.com

Eh, sorry.

I saw into images indiana and indiana.OK and there is palette difference.

Indiana contain 250 color entry and Indiana.OK contain 12 entry color only. It is primary problem.

When you convert (no resize, no jpeg!) indiana.OK to 256 color image to name indiana all will be OK.
    Ijcro.

I save images (indiana.bmp and revoluciones.bmp) in 256 colors standar windows pallette and not solve bug :cry:

Some another solution?

Thanks.
    www.kotai.es
    www.miniracingonline.com

Do you try image that I sent to your email?

I tried with them and image shows as well in your game...
    Ijcro.

Yes I tried but bug continue:

In sprite indiana.bmp not see clearly because it has little detail since it is extended x 2 (zoom x 2) but if you observe well you can see the differences in the contours.

Regards
    www.kotai.es
    www.miniracingonline.com

Yes.
    But now, for simple, you can try pure blitting disable option

{$Define DrawHWAcc}

in DelphiXcfg.inc and recompile all project with DelphiX source code.

After them will be used for Draw() functions DDS accelerates through Blt() function surface to surface - byte to byte.

Some enhacements as new functions but doesn't need works properly

Or

anything is break and SetColorKey no works well with intolerance color.
    Ijcro.

Perfect.

Delete line {$Define DrawHWAcc} all graphis are ok and I can load circuits > 4096 pixels and and I can use Alpha without lowering fps too much.

Only one problem not solved deleting {$Define DrawHWAcc}: The first time that shows sprite on screen the game freezes a second when DXSpriteEngine.Draw is done (without do3D no freezes). I try to load all the sprites before entering to the circuit, but there is some as the cars ghost that cannot be created until an event happens and when it happens game freezes a second.

Some solution?

Thanks.
    www.kotai.es
    www.miniracingonline.com

At first time when image has to showed, is processed some operations at background than do convert image to regular texture and it consume a few time depend by size etc. I vote simplest way for building textures at first use point. So, it can be simple too but interface of DelphiX is unchanged (really 95% old techniques manner is the same). Dummy operation for loading is unsupported and I no plan it in near future.

For enhancements in next version 1.08 I planning some new functions for drawing like mirroring/flipping, better works with static sprite via DXSpriteEngine.Items, better link to DXImageList and many new editors. Complete is editor for TBackgroundSprite for map creating and storing into Delphi form or to file very simplest. TImageSpriteEx is now deprecated, sorry. Editor for create font layout with masking to alpha channel is done and editor for image glue to one for direct support in sprites is done too. And added will be restructure tool for images (when sub images are in one line), color changes and etc. And now I make a new tool for drawing all in one line with predefined path (with effect like blurring, rotating, flipping, mirroring, waving and more), all stored in TDXDraw. And new effect editor for shine effect like supernova. And more, and more… But all will not be done in Christmas day, sorry, but in new year I plan new release…

Regards
    Ijcro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast