Hey guys. Interesting to see this thread after finding some time to come visit PGD after so long. :lol:

Well I certainly hope that the PGD Annual isn't dead. Though last year seemed to have a touch of bad luck in the timing department, it showed that there was still strong interest in the event and making games in Pascal overall. Proof of this was a record breaking turn-out of registrants!

I was also quite proud of the fact that there was finally some advertising done too. And this may or may not have helped with attracting interest, but it's now out there as a mini-showcase of whats happening in these competitions. Which I think is pretty important to show interested developers and sponsors to further increase it's audience.

As for need; well, why not? Multi-player is just so much more fun that single player no? It's the same sort of deal here. Why program in obscurity when you can join with others and learn, challenge yourself and strive to get that competitive edge.

The idea overall is to have fun and improve your skills. All else is really just tantamount to that end.

On that note, I wish the coordinators of the next PGD Annual event the best of luck in generating the same successes that it's had so far.