Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Pascal is Still My Lovely Language?

Re: Is Pascal is Still My Lovely Language?

WILL,
    Delphi had free editions long before Code Gear has been born.
    I am sure Delphi 3 - 7 was free for personal usage. If it wasn't I would not know that language. In those days Delphi was at schools at least in my country and it was in schools because it's licence allowed that. It was free for personal and educational usage.

AFAIK Delphi isn't free for any purpose since Embarcadero bought CodeGears. They removed the Turbo edition and they put an evaluation copy with "time limit". I think it was a bad idea. As you said a free full functional version will help to get new users from schools and universities and self-learners. I've read at Lazarus' forums and mailing list that there are several schools and universities that are using Lazarus and/or Free Pascal right now. I think Embarcadero must re-think about it.

BTW I did read some good words about Delphi 2010. I can't remember where I read that it will support both .NET and Mono. I hope I can test it someday for free because I can't buy it.
    No signature provided yet.

?ëu?±o it is the best release from all Delphi releases so far :-)
    Excluding help...

However it doesn't support .NET. To use .NET you would have to use Delphi Prism which is also a good tool.

I think for any future game development I will use Free Pascal since it gives so much platforms besides Win32. It is awesome :-)

Is Pascal is Still My Lovely Language
    Yes
    Pascal Games - Game Development in Ukraine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234