Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
No, this wasn't what I said. I simply pointed out that I'd like to see the whole IDE using only one platform, not several simultaneously. If I develop purely Win32 applications, I might not want to install .NET just to run the compiler on my machine. Of course, it's one of these situations where you have no other choice than "to obey", but it's still an inconvenience. Most importantly, because as it was already mentioned, the majority of IDE doesn't need .NET Framework.

For instance, I never had Java runtimes installed for past 4 years and it would be the same for .NET, if it wasn't for BDS 2005 / Turbo Delphi.
Sorry about that, I did indeed misunderstand you. Yes, I agree completely! Pick one and stick with it. This halfwitted manner of partially .NET, partially J#, and PARTIALLY native code is a really bad method of design. Sure, I'd expect folks to write plugins to some programs in many languages ... but its own developers? :?

Delphi for PHP is a bad idea. I've said it from day one, there's no such thing as WYSIWYG editing of HTML (at least reliably so) without absolute positioning, and they do all the worst things you could do. I use phpDesigner Pro as my "IDE" and it's great. Why would I ever pay hundreds for something I have to clean up after? Dreamweaver mark 3, times pi, coming right up! :roll: