One of the problems with this years competition is the shortage of time available to the PGD team to organise it. I've offered my services to Savage to help it happen but my day job restricts what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonf
Did anyone ever play that game when they were kids where you get a piece of paper and fold it into a zig zag shape with about 3 or 4 folds.. then one person draws the head, another draws the body and someone else eventually draws the feet.. in the end you get this mad looking person. the key being that none of the other people knew what the other drawings looked like, they just had the guidelines for the next part to go from
Your concept certainly sounds interesting but has the potential to be difficult to implement. From personal experience it's difficult to find people willing to produce graphics etc. Creating a set of rules for such a game would also be tricky and time consuming.

The different competition ideas shown at the beginning of this thread were devised to allow programmers to get back to basics and concentrate on coding rather than spending a lot of time producing very graphically intensive games.

If someone wants to write a game featuring "pandas shooting bananas at skate punks in a post apocalyptic jellybean factory" then I'm sure it could be designed around one of the suggested topics.

There's lots of good ideas appearing and there certainly seems to be plenty of people that want to take part in a competition.

Can we have some feedback on the originally suggested topics such as any that you really don't like and the ones you don't mind. Maybe we can then narrow the options (and add some of the ones mentioned by the forum members) and then put them to a vote.