Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
Actually, if you want to get some work done, avoid *all* forums altogether. There will be always people trying to criticize your work. Instead of taking it personally, try to see it as an opportunity for improvement. I agree that Robert's anger towards Lazarus is not very well fundamented, but there are also valid and useful suggestions coming out of this thread, which might be actually beneficial.
Criticism is one thing, and if you ask the Laz devs they'll tell you I can be a PITA on #lazarus sometimes (news ladies and gents, I use Lazarus commercially). But there's a fine line between constructive criticism and "innocent remarks" like done here. If you think it's shit fine, but don't spread the excrement to the walls.

Also, I have nothing against the whole new IDE idea. I think fpGUI has potential and I wish MSEide all the luck, it's an interresting outlook (I can't from the position of lNet dev condemn anyone starting a new "alternative" to something bigger which exists). But the tone and style of this thread is simply put beyond rude, and this guy thinks that he SHOULD get a 100% working product for free. Well here's news for you pal, the people working on Lazarus do it in their free time for free and they do it only as long as they enjoy doing it. You can disagree with that, you can even criticize the functionality, but don't insult by side remarks or continuous whining. Especially if you can't read a damn FAQ.