Quote Originally Posted by Delfi
Aniway, Lazarus is a waste of a completely good compiler (FPC), too bad that there is no good standalone IDE for just the FPC, the odd default compiler settings of lazarus, and their stubborn effort to support all the various platforms and widgetsets without a single hack has produced a unstable unpolished ide, which has many bugs in the ide, which could be solved simply with a platform-dependant trick.
I thought of working on a pseudo-IDE for FPC. A pseudo-IDE because I'm not one to make an IDE. However, I am desirous of a nicer interface and code completion for vanilla FPC.

The main hook is how to catch console output of a launched DOS program and then redirect it into a Memo component. Maybe I'll figure that trick out some day.

Thing is, I couldn't afford to do it for free these days. And most folks don't want to pay for something that's little more than a graphical frontend to an existing compiler. :? Maybe if there were enough people willing to buy a $40 "frontend" I'd consider attempting it.