Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Really Disgusted

Really Disgusted

Delfi, I never said I would make a compiler or full IDE. Perhaps in the future this tool would develop in that direction, but not with any alacrity. So initially it isn't a problem whatsoever.

Really Disgusted

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
    Yuriy, can you give me a working example of a binary search? I can't honestly compare it to one without knowing what it should look like.
    Sure, here's an example code from our GameScripts.pas:

Code:
    function TScriptObject.GetNode(ID: Cardinal): TScriptObject;
    var
     Lo, Hi, Mid: Integer;
    begin
     if (SearchDirty) then UpdateSearchList();

Result:= nil;

Lo:= 0;
     Hi:= SearchCount - 1;

while &#40;Lo <= Hi&#41; do
      begin
       Mid&#58;= &#40;Lo + Hi&#41; div 2;

if &#40;SearchList&#91;Mid&#93;.ID = ID&#41; then
        begin
         Result&#58;= SearchList&#91;Mid&#93;;
         Break;
        end;

if &#40;SearchList&#91;Mid&#93;.ID > ID&#41; then Hi&#58;= Mid - 1 else Lo&#58;= Mid + 1;
     end;
    end;
    Remember that the list must be sorted for binary search to work.

Really Disgusted

Damn, the forum messes up Pascal code. The code in above post has some parts missing. I've tried both Pascal and Code tags and result is the same.

I've uploaded the code here.

Really Disgusted

Okay, thanks Yuriy. I solved the error by using TStringList.IndexOf, because when the list is sorted it uses a binary search. That search works, but mine doesn't--oddly enough.

To paste code like that, disable HTML in your post. That's the culprit.

Really Disgusted

Quote Originally Posted by masonwheeler
    There's probably even a way to redirect STDOUT to some sort of memory stream instead of to a file. Not certain, though.
    You can redirect STDOUT, STDIN and STDERROR to any handle capable of reading/writing including pipes. So you create a pipe, redirect output of another process to this pipe and then read the data in it. At least it works like this in Windows. There's even an example of this in the Platform SDK.

Really Disgusted

Hmm I should stop going to these forums. It's a danger to my health, all I see here is a bunch of idiots "demanding" something out of an OSS project and to make things worse, of parts which were taken from a dead (synedit) 3rd party component which nobody currently supports.

You didn't pay for the thing, you cannot expect it to be working 100%. You have no right to demand anything.

As a FPC developer I am disgusted at this pascal community.. if you can call it that.

Why don't you guys do everyone a favor, stop bitching, buy some expensive but working microsoft shit and work with that eh?

Oh btw. if you bothered to read the guide I stickied in the FPC section about lazarus compiler options you'd at least get your oh-so-critical size problem fixed. Now I'm wondering why I wasted the time to even write that thing.
    Feel the power of Open Source.
    <br />Feel the power of Free Pascal.

Really Disgusted

Quote Originally Posted by Almindor
    Hmm I should stop going to these forums. It's a danger to my health, all I see here is a bunch of idiots
    Yes, this thread is pretty sad.

Really Disgusted

People, do you know that Lazarus is not the only IDE for FPC?
    MSE IDE
    Dev Pascal
    FPC Shell

Also I've found that Delphi 2007 simply runs DCC32.exe for compilation (Delphi 7 has a built-in compiler). So it should be simple to make own DCC32.exe which will call "real" dcc32.exe or FPC.exe depending on desired compiler.[/url]

Really Disgusted

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    MSE IDE
    Dev Pascal
    FPC Shell

Also I've found that Delphi 2007 simply runs DCC32.exe for compilation (Delphi 7 has a built-in compiler). So it should be simple to make own DCC32.exe which will call "real" dcc32.exe or FPC.exe depending on desired compiler.[/url]
    1. sure, if you can call this an "useable" ide: http://sourceforge.net/project/scree...roup_id=165409
    2. hasn't been updated for like.. 3-5 years?
    3. looks interesting, tried compiling a small project, opened a dpr file, managed to set up fpc compiler but compiling failed with "cannot open file xxxx.dpr" error, but it looks promising.
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

Really Disgusted

Quote Originally Posted by marcov
    Hmm I should stop going to these forums. It's a danger to my health, all I see here is a bunch of idiots
    Yes, this thread is pretty sad.
    Then don't read it. I'm not bending your arm you know. I also see no need for you or Almindor to throw stuff out there with the flagrancy you do, since you should be grown men capable of seeing that I am already angry with Lazarus. So you snappishly respond in an attacking way to me in a manner quite provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    Yes. I looked through SourceForge one slow afternoon. MSEide/MSEgui is the only one that is interesting to me but I haven't had the time to evaluate it. Dev-Pascal I don't like the feel of, just like the other Dev-line. And BadHim's FPC editor is outdated/abandoned.

You didn't pay for the thing, you cannot expect it to be working 100%. You have no right to demand anything.
    Then let me blow hot air. This is the most obvious answer. If I have no right to demand anything or to expect a decently functioning piece of software, then fine! But don't you complain about my complaints, because you've no right to demand my silence or obedience to the rank and file.

You have no right to demand my contentment with a partial piece of work the quality of Lazarus.

I hate babysitting programmers who are supposed to be competent. There'd be no need for this if there was a list of partial components, danger zones, instable code, and compiler warnings that warn of bad components. I know it's hard to write:
    Code:
    &#123;$WARNING This code is untested and may not work correctly!&#125;

I won't reply to anything else as it just came out as the start of a flamewar. If you don't like the thread either don't read it or don't respond, period. It's not my fault if you're embittered, have a chip on your shoulder, or a bug in your craw. I'm ticked about the problems and quality and there is nothing wrong, or even against the site rules, in voicing my displeasure. All I see are individuals acting trollish and trying to start a flamewar.

---

Delfi, if I remember correctly I did something with the brcc32 to get it to compile RC scripts by right-click and a menu item to compile them. Never thought to fool around with DCC32 itself. Though, I did manage to find a copy of D7.

I just hope Turbo Delphi works well this time, since I don't want to have to reformat again. (I just did three days ago.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast