My intent certainly is not to start a flame war. I asked because I wanted to know. Almindor and marcov were the ones dropping flamebait, not me. Thanks for correctly reading me, ?ëu?±o. (And everyone else who hasn't gone overboard on this too.)

William, I never said that I didn't like OSS. It has its place, but I cannot be involved when I cannot financially support myself through it. If you haven't read, which I feel you haven't, I have echoed this message somewhere around 5-6 times between the two threads. I have made no plans, no real prototypes, and have only asked a casual question of whether people would support such a project -- the proposed specs are wide. All I wanted to know is if it would be worth the effort it would take to make it, because I cannot do it for gratis/free.

What I hate is the attitude that I have to take what I dislike silently, with no complaints, and the ones who made it aren't responsible for evaluating my position and perhaps fixing what might be broken functionality. There are two issues I haven't reported because of this attitude. I possess no blind loyalty to any compiler, team, or even Pascal itself.

dmantoine, yeah I am aware there are a number of FPC IDE's out there and that I'd have to really compete to make it worth the money. Part of why I was asking this whole question in the first place. I am well aware that it would take some work, but I also can't quite find what I'm after for a FPC IDE currently. So I figured that if I was going to consider putting the work in, at least see if I could sell a license of it, etc. Not to mention a few of the feature requests are out of my range, like built in debuggers -- though given time maybe I could figure it out.