Thread: Pandora

Pandora

well... what do you think?
    http://openpandora.org
    it looks like realy grate thing

do u think lazarus or fpc could work on this or compile to this?
    i see that GP2X is doing trouble for some people with fpc
    altho the CPU is ARM - it's running debian version of linux, and i know that you can install fpc on debian

Pandora

Oh nice. I want one. As it has an arm cpu fpc is useable. But you will not be able to use the cpu to its most i think. I hope good drivers are delivered with it as without the device will not be useable as i found out with my efika mainboard. I did want to buy a asus eee pc. But now i am unsure.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Pandora

Is this what was formerly known as the craiginator?
    I seems so, and if I had some few extra money I may buy it. However I'll wait a bit to see if it's any good, and if it will
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Pandora

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
    I seems so, and if I had some few extra money I may buy it. However I'll wait a bit to see if it's any good, and if it will
    it seems so... the pages that u get when u look for this are linking to pandora

Pandora

I don't believe in the Pandora. It is incompatible with the gp2x, and expensive. Therefore, a small group of pioneers will be up to the task of porting all the gp2x software (or create attractive original software), before it will become attractive to a broader public.

Further, the Pandora seems to be vapourware; no real pictures of it exist, only drawings. The photo's on the website are photoshopped. I'm not expecting it this year, despite claims it should be available in April.

Pandora

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
    Where's the rest of my post? :scratch:

I agree with you dmantione, and that's why I'll wait and see if it'll grow popular among the community before I may buy it.
    However I like the specs, and if it's gonna look like the pictures and actually work I don't have a choice. I must buy it.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Pandora

I don't like it. It's very expensive: for less than 330 euros you can buy an Asus EEE (or a GP2X), so it is not so attractive to me
    Oh, and it looks like a cast iron brick too
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Pandora

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    I don't like it. It's very expensive: for less than 330 euros you can buy an Asus EEE (or a GP2X), so it is not so attractive to me
    the Asus EEE is a laptop - you can't put it in your pocket
    altho it's realy nice comp

Pandora

Quote Originally Posted by De-Panther
    the Asus EEE is a laptop - you can't put it in your pocket
    altho it's realy nice comp
    A very small laptop though

Yeah, my remark was about the price, too high IMHO. By the way, that console looks poorly designed to me: the analogic sticks look too hard to use without having a cramp after 10 minutes :?
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Pandora

By the way, that console looks poorly designed to me: the analogic sticks look too hard to use without having a cramp after 10 minutes :?
    The same issue exists with the GP2X F200 and the d-pad. At least for me. I get a cramp in my thumb after ~10 minutes of play. Espacially when I'm playing the dance game, beat2x.

The Pandora is expensive, but it's not much more expensive than the PSP, when it was first launched (I'm comparing with the Danish price, don't know how much it costed elsewhere).

If the Pandora is launched and it fullfills its specifications and isn't full of bugs, I would say that it's an interesting alternative to PSP, DS and GP2X (which I all own).

You may even be able to use it as a PDA. It is according to the dev team possible to run Firefox 3.0 (when it's out I suppose), so if you get a powerfull handheld console and a PDA 200£ isn't that much IMHO.