Since I've noticed a couple posts on putting together a team, here is a little idea for a game that I've had kicking around for the past month, but haven't done much about (though I did post and ask questions about it several times over at GameDev).

I really would like to create a 2D/3D engine, using OpenGL, that uses 2D billboards for sprites while using complete 3D models for the levels. Such that the camera angle is always centered about the player in 2D and the level rotates when necessary to simulate walking around corners etc. A good example of a game that has done this is Strider 2 (which by the way is emulated through ZiNc in case anyone is interested in trying it). I personally thought this innovation had far more potential than just a single game and would love to try and create a similar engine.

I've talked with a few OpenGL programmers and most had a positive outlook on the project's potential, but no time to help. Unfortunately it's a lot of work for a single person who's kinda new to 3D anyways. If anyone if interested please let me know. Also note that this project would be a large undertaking and still needs some mapping out. If nothing else, being that we're more or less all gamers, just state whether or not you'd play such a game. Thanks.