Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programming style

Programming style

Chobbley I was thinking rather about some screenshots if this is ok :-)

Programming style

[img]

As you can see very simple!

Basically a random coloured ball goes from the top of the screen down, and the gamer has to press OK on their keypad to change the colour of the bar at the bottom to match the ball, you loose a live if you get it wrong. But gain a life on the next level where speed increases. It also records your high score. It starts to get a bit hectic as levels move on, but it inst impossible to finish.

But the basis of this is; I've learnt to use timers, worked out collision detection (when there isnt any in MIDlet Pascal), auto-sizing, storeing records in the phones flash memory and sound (plays "default sound" on device for backwards compatibility not through a "player").

It should work on any colour java enabled phone.

Thanks for taking an interest!
    Determined to crack this programming lark...

Programming style

Oh, and forgot - command buttons also...

Programming style

Thanks for the screenshot mate.

I think you have choosen a very good path for making games. A lot of people have tendency to take an overgrown project and leave it uncompleted. It is a way better to take something smaller and finish it.

Keep a good work!

Programming style

That sounds good advice, you can get a bit ambitious (been there)...I'm writing another game, this time using images as sprites, its a lot more complex and under my own admission , not too bad

- well actually it is written, done all the sprites myself, everything though but the sounds (have though of customizing the sounds but have a limited development budget at the moment )

It's, complete - It just needs tweaking, if not re-writing to make that easy - the code has been thrown together and looks rather shabby, but the end result I'm quite pleased with.

Should get myself a website and get stuff uploaded on that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12