Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What game to buy?

What game to buy?

I had a very great time playing Warcraft 3, the story, graphics, cinematics all very, very cool. Too bad I finished the game already I hope they'll make an add-on soon...

I recommend this game to anyone

What game to buy?

I liked Thief, however I quit playing it when I reached the zombies... I don't like playing against zombies, I like realism... If it wheren't for the zombies it would have been a great game!

(one of the few first-person "shooters" with a sword and bow)
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

What game to buy?

TheLion, you're right about the zombies. Thief 2 put that right and also included some exceptionally fun missions (such as the AngelWatch mission - that was amazing!). If you can get hold of Thief 2 (it'll probably only be about a tenner, undeservedly), grab it immediately! Do it do it do it! (And play it on Expert mode, since that's best way.)

Anyway, I bought a couple of games - GTA3 (after all that!) and the Wolfenstein thing. The shop didn't have that much of a selection and GTA3 was the game that stood out (especially after I saw a 10 year old kid pick up the box and look at it - yeah right, kiddo! :lol: ). Wolfenstein was cheap so I got that on impulse.

GTA3 is cool so far. I'm a sucker for speed and, to be honest, when I first started playing it I didn't like it - it was very jerky (Athlon 1.1, Geforce2 MX 400 64Meg, 512megs RAM, Audigy). I've fixed that after a browse around the net. I installed the patch and copied the music to the hard disc so that the CD drive wasn't being used, and then...

I forced it to use Software T&L. This made it faster. Umm... whatever! If you're interested, I used a program called 3D Analyze v1.62, which lets you specify all sorts of options.

I'm loving GTA3 now that it's smooth. I've not got around to installing RTCWolfenstein yet.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

What game to buy?

If you liked the old Wolfenstein, you'll feel nostalgic while playing and you'll just love it, believe me!

It lets you in on a lot of new info/feel of the Wolfenstein Character (William J. Blazcowicz) and I just loved playing it ... It made me feel like I was back in the 90s playing the old wolfenstein game, only much more graphic this time! *I'm a sucker for oldies* :roll:

However I'll look into Thief II though! Never knew that it didn't have (much) zombies in it! And good choice on GTA III I liked the game too, didn't play much yet too, too much other things and other games!
    <br />

What game to buy?

Medieval Total War. I loved Shogun, and from what I've seen, Medieval is very similar. Thousands of units on a battlefield...... *drool*

What game to buy?

I'd go for Warcraft3 one of the best polished games I've ever played! The story is lovely (If you like fantasy with orcs and elves and dragons) and multiplayer is fun, too!

-lith
    programming is more than copy and paste!

What game to buy?

I never really liked WarCraft, can't really explain why, I think it's that I don't like fantasy that much... At least not in my games!
    <br />

What game to buy?

Like I said, you've to like the theme. This comic-like graphic and the fantasy-theme are not everybodys taste. But it's a very good RTS with great balancing, good user-interface and a fast, but still controllable gameplay.

If you are comfortable with the theme you get a great story in which you get to play all 4 races and the best cinematics i've ever seen. And if you get bored of Singleplayer there are various RPG and 'Arcade' Mods playable over Battlenet. A good investions in my eyes and one of the best games I've ever played.

-lith
    programming is more than copy and paste!

What game to buy?

[shameless plug]
    My money is still on Medieval: Total war. Come on, its a great game [/shameless plug]

What game to buy?

It is a great game indeed!

The AI has been tremendously improved (they even attack you sometime) the landscapes are bigger and there is a great variaty of units... And by my knowledge one of the only, toghether with Lord Of The Reals, games that combines RTS and TBS...

But I'm also looking forward to the update for Medal Of Honor called Frontline (or something like that), since I also though of as a great Game!
    <br />

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast