Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw Black Circle

Draw Black Circle

Hi ...

I have a Freeform with texture, and I want draw black circle on that Freeform, How can I do that :?:

I don't wanna create plane and give it texture and put it on that Freeform , I realy want draw on that texture of Freeform .

Please help me

Thank you very much

Draw Black Circle

for each pixel
    If dist to pixel from the center (or any x,y) < threshold
    Pixel = Black
    else
    DoNothing;

This will draw a filled circle.
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Draw Black Circle

Please could you put an example or Code for doing that

thank you ops:

Draw Black Circle

for x := 0 to Image.Width do
    for y := 0 to Image.Height do
    begin
    Dist := Sqrt((x * x) + (y * y));
    if Dist < 50 then
    Image.Pixels[x, y] := clBlack;
    end;

This will draw a 1/4 circle in the left-top corner with a radius of 50. I did this from my naked mind, I didn't try the code, but I think you should be able to make something out of it.

Draw Black Circle

thank you NecroDOME

I'll try with this code

Draw Black Circle

sorry NecroDOME :cry:
    but I couldn't do anything with that code, please help me with another code

Draw Black Circle

Just asking for another piece of code won't help you. I guess we need to see your code before we can help you.

Did you allready try to draw a line on your texture, or just make a few pixels black. That would be a good start. If that works, you can use NecroDome's code to make that 1/4 circle, which is your next step.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Draw Black Circle

Maybe you should consider to start easy. I gave a simple piece of code most ppl understand. I'm willing to help, but I aint gonna write you a program.

Draw Black Circle

actually I want to make a shooter game , and I want to draw black circle for the sign of the bullet on the wall , I usually create transparent plane with texture and put it on the wall , but when I shoot quickly the game become very slowly specialy when the player move and when I stop shooting the game come back to the normal speed,
    so I want to change my way to another one , and I found that drawing black circle is the best way . the code you put it to me was very good but I didn't know how could I use it specialy the code work with X and Y and I need Z too
    that is my probelm ,is there any thing can help me or another idea to make the sign of the bullet

Draw Black Circle

Ah.. you want "decals" to appear on the walls when hit by a bullet. Did you allready figure out how to find the corrent position for the circle to appear (I think it's line/plane intersection)?

Another tricky thing is that if you use the same texture for alot of different walls, all the walls will show this black circle.

I'm sorry but i can't help you with this, because i never have done this myself and i never used GLScene.

You should search the forums (or google) with "decals" and you should find some articles on how to make them. I don't want to discourage you, but it might be way more difficult than you think.

Good luck with it. I really hope you can make this work.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast