Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MIDlet Pascal is going 'open source'

Re: MIDlet Pascal is going 'open source'

I'm so glad you guys are still interested in this product, and have done some stuff and trying to move forward. Unfortuantely I do not have the capability of having any design skills with compilers or anything. But hope I can be of some help, maybe proof reading manuals or documentation in English? Or even writing some, but beware I'm self taught so technical skills are limited.

I'm piecing stuff together for my website at the moment, where you/people can download my games, so you can judge what my skills are like and what fits where if I can be of any help.

So will look at what you guys wrote here in detail another time, because some of it goes a bit over my head! But I'm a keen learner...! And like to learn without asking too many questions...unfortuanately that makes me very slow!

Determined to crack this programming lark...

Yes, sure, all text documentation, menu still in English. =)

So, we start sourceforge project http://sourceforge.net/projects/midletpascal
    If you want add to project administrator/programmer, send me e-mail.

Blog Entries

Nice to see some activity on this. I though MIDlet Pascal was great. And I'd love to get it working for my BlackBerry Pearl (8130)

Sad to say that I have not read the recent posts due to my lack of internet for the slightly over 1 month period. But I'll have it in 2 - 3 week I hope. *crosses fingers*

This is a bit of a bookmark for myself and my toe in the topic. I may be able to do some testing on my BB if anyone is interested in the most popular model of BB in the Canadian market right now. anyhoo keep at it guys. I'm dying to read about whats new with this.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Good news already -
    You can now download the alpha 3.0 executable for MidletPascal at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/midl...p.exe/download

This includes an IDE. But remember, this is an Alpha release, so lots of things won't work properly!!
    good luck ... wesw

neat!

Downloading...

cheers,
    Paul

Thanks to all for your efforts in getting this to us; just downloaded and will have a go to.

Determined to crack this programming lark...

Blog Entries

So is there any information on how to add a new BlackBerry device to the compiler? For example my model of cell phone?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Alright, finally its back and alive. Just downloaded v3 built the minesweeper demo app, ran it in the LG/Sprint dev sim and all seems to be working great! I'd love to get my hands on the actual compiler/ide source code though (I'd like to try and build it in Lazarus on Linux), as it seems that the one on sourceforge is for exe's only .

Any chance of some documentation from the original midlet lying around some place as a reference? Seems the "samples" on the site are quite incomplete when it comes to what features are implemented and how to use them? There are a few interesting looking projects (top two) but they don't have sources available as of yet .

- Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    So is there any information on how to add a new BlackBerry device to the compiler? For example my model of cell phone?
    WILL you shouldn't need to add any device to the compiler, I was able to build and run an app on both my LG and BlackBerry (PERL) just fine. The trick is getting them installed on your device LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast