Hello everyone.

I bet this topic is pretty commonplace but I'm a little confused and would like to set up my very own webserver in order not to depend on other web hostings - whether paid or not.

Most people suggest to give up on setting up your own at home, and go for a paid hosting plan, which is better because {megatons of gibberish}... Well, I cannot disagree with them, because it's a matter of fact that those services are offered by professionals. But you know, the perspective of paying money for them is just killing me inside (not that I'm a miser or something :lol: )...

In my opinion, the most important thing is connection - upstream speed to be precise. Most of Internet offers here, in Poland, is no good for me - there are mostly ADSL connections here (more download bandwidth than upload). I have a 2mbit one, which is around 48 kB/s upload. That sucks, but that's why I wonder, how is it possible to provide the same transfer to everyone who connects to my server? How is it done in free file hosting services?

And these are my questions. I hope there's anyone who can answer them clearly enough for me. :lol: