Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second version of FPC for iPhone SDK 2.x available

Re: Second version of FPC for iPhone SDK 2.x available

Quote Originally Posted by Momor
    Oh so, to answer your questions:

- QuizzParty sells modestly, for some reason it works honestly in France (around 40 sales per week and the lite version reached #2 with 1,100 downloads a day) but did nearly nothing with the english version ... probably the worlwide market is extremely overloaded

- I've made a wrapper unit which encapsulates PC (OpenGL + WinMM + SDL_Input) and iPhone (OpenGL-ES + C calls to framework functions) calls for all the low-levels functions I needed. The PC and XCode main application loop are different, but at the end the core application loop, logic, sound and display remain the same code.

As a last test, I did use FreePascal to make a test iPad app, and it works extremely well. Let's hope that the SDK TOS will be updated in a great way.
    Thanks for the info Momor

cheers,
    Paul

Silly question, but are we even allowed to use free pascal to develop for the iPhone?

You know, that whole new EULA which pretty much says if you aren't using THEIR compilers you can **** right off? Admittedly FPC does tie in through xCode to a degree, but does that get it around that pesky new EULA that's telling the people who want to use mono/C# to go **** themselves?

Just saying...
    The accessibility of a website from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of designers and owners. It is its natural manure

Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow
    Silly question, but are we even allowed to use free pascal to develop for the iPhone?
    FreePascal is allowed to use the iPhone 3.x SDK without any problems.
    Based on the iPhone 4.x SDK's EULA, it would seem that all non Apple compiled apps are banned from being sold on the App Store.

That being said, this app - http://itunes.apple.com/app/child-ti...364855357?mt=8 - which is written in C# with MonoTouch, accepted the 4.x EULA and has been approved. I'm not sure how the FreePascal integration works, but apparently it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between a MonoTouch iPhone app and a native Objective C iPhone app as they both compile down to native iPhone instructions. What I've heard is that MonoTouch apps are slightly bigger in size, due to compiling and including the .NET runtime into each app.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12