Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can compile, but not repeatedly.

I can compile, but not repeatedly.

System: Windows XP Home
    Compiler/IDE: Delphi 2009
    API: Win32

I'd like to publish my TURBU project as an open-source project, but recently a serious glitch has crept into the project's structure and I can't figure it out.

There are no syntax errors in my code. When I do a full build (SHIFT-F9) it will compile just fine.

When I hit F9 or CTRL-F9 to compile without a full build:

[DCC Fatal Error] turbu_database.pas(1155): F2051 Unit turbu_skills was compiled with a different version of turbu_database.GDatabase

First off, 1155 is an invalid line. The file ends at 1152. Second, as I understand it, this error is only supposed to occur when you're trying to compile something and you're missing the source files and only have DCUs. This is not the case for the two files it mentions, or any file in my project, for that matter. I have the source to everything except midas, which is used by TClientDataset, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the units in question.

The project will build just fine, so whatever the problem is is caused by the compiler overlooking something in normal-compile mode. Just to make things worse, for some reason this morning it started wanting to recompile every time I hit Run, even if I hit it immediately after a full build, without making any changes. (That had been my workaround for a while now.) It's now impossible to run my project in the IDE. I don't know why it started doing that. I didn't make any significant changes to my project.

This is putting a serious kink in my development. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

The source can be found at http://www.turbu-rpg.com/downloads/T...urce_setup.exe if anyone wants to test it. It requires Delphi 2009 with the JVCL already installed; the installer package will take care of the rest. Maybe having the source code available will help someone track this down. I certainly hope so, because wherever the issue is, it's beyond me. The problem can be found in testing.exe and also in turbu.exe in turbu.groupproj.

Check your path. It maybe picking up a compiled unit from a different path. I almost went nuts with a problem like this a while back. Sigh. In my case the compiler was picking up a .dcu of the same unit in my current project because the path was first in the list.
    Jarrod Davis
    Technical Director @ Piradyne Games

That was the first thing I checked. The filenames are unique.

yes,
    do a full search of turbu_database.pas and turbu_database.dcu, most likeli there is more that one of any those file in the path

Nope. Like I said, that was the first thing I checked. It's not the problem here.

did you try to delete all your dcu's and all temp files? then do a fresh build?

create a bat file containing

Code:
    del *.~*
    del *.ddp
    del *.dcu

execute that then try to a new build.

;MM;

Yep. Deleting those files allows me to compile successfully, one time. Then the problem comes back. (Seriously, if any of the obvious solutions to this problem worked, I wouldn't have to post about it here, asking for help, now would I?)

I remember having problems like that when some used units were not part of the project that was being built. So make sure all your unit source files are included in the dproj-file using add to project.
    ZGameEditor - Develop 64kb games for Windows.
    Thrust for Vectrex - ROM-file and 6809 source code.

Quote Originally Posted by masonwheeler
    Yep. Deleting those files allows me to compile successfully, one time. Then the problem comes back. (Seriously, if any of the obvious solutions to this problem worked, I wouldn't have to post about it here, asking for help, now would I?)
    maybe, but stating the obvious is important with anyone, as you never know what sort of person is sitting on the other side of the forum lol.

i did no look at the source (i dont like exe's), but:
    does your dpk have the name of a .pas file? If so try to correct that.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast