Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freepascal 2.2.4rc1 released

Freepascal 2.2.4rc1 released

The Free Pascal Compiler Team has this to say...
    We have placed the first release-candidate of the Free Pascal Compiler version 2.2.4 on our ftp-servers.

You can help improve the upcoming 2.2.4 release by downloading and testing this release. If you want you can report what you have done here:
    http://wiki.freepascal.org/Testers_2.2.4

With this release we also want to test our new packaging-system. After installing the package manager (fppkg) can be called from the command-line. For now only the 'lnet' package is available for installation through the package system. When all goes well it could be that more packages will be added.

For more information about fppkg:
    http://wiki.freepascal.org/fppkg

Changes that may break backwards compatibility are documented at:
    http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_2.2.4

Downloads are available at:
    ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/beta/2.2.4rc1/

Enjoy!

The Free Pascal Compiler Team
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I have successfully build a cross compiler, 2.2.4, under linux for gp2x.

Unit sdl_mixer.pas must be changed, cause default gp2x has no smpeg - library, so follow lines in sdl_mixer,
    Code:
          &#123;$IFNDEF DARWIN&#125;
          5 &#58; &#40; mp3 &#58; PSMPEG &#41;;
          &#123;$ENDIF&#125;
    must be replaced with
    Code:
          &#123;$IFNDEF no_smpeg&#125;
          &#123;$ENDIF&#125;
          &#123;$ENDIF&#125;
    Compiler build with line
    Code:
    make crosszipinstall CPU_TARGET=arm CROSSOPT='-CfSOFT -dGP2X -darm -dno_smpeg -dFPC_ARM -O- -gl' CROSSBINDIR=/usr/local gp2xdev/bin BINUTILSPREFIX=gp2x-
    Packing of zipinstall file didn't work, but in directory /tmp/fpc-pack all needed files are located, so finally i got the cross compiler

A simple sdl program, playing an ogg music file and showing a graphic, working well.

Greetings
    Thomas

Thanks for the update. Any chance you can create a small step by step article about how you got everything working for GP2X. We can then add it to the articles section.

I am having problems with my CVS checkins on my Windows machine. I'll make the change locally, but I won't be able to check it in just yet.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by KidPaddle
    I have successfully build a cross compiler, 2.2.4, under linux for gp2x.

Unit sdl_mixer.pas must be changed, cause default gp2x has no smpeg - library, so follow lines in sdl_mixer,
    Code:
          &#123;$ENDIF&#125;
    must be replaced with
    Code:
          &#123;$IFNDEF no_smpeg&#125;
          &#123;$ENDIF&#125;
          &#123;$ENDIF&#125;
    Compiler build with line
    Code:
    make crosszipinstall CPU_TARGET=arm CROSSOPT='-CfSOFT -dGP2X -darm -dno_smpeg -dFPC_ARM -O- -gl' CROSSBINDIR=/usr/local gp2xdev/bin BINUTILSPREFIX=gp2x-
    Packing of zipinstall file didn't work, but in directory /tmp/fpc-pack all needed files are located, so finally i got the cross compiler

A simple sdl program, playing an ogg music file and showing a graphic, working well.

Greetings
    Thomas
    That's awesome news KidPaddle! I remember the problems {insert appropriate swear words here} that we had trying to get the sdl_mixer working for the GP2X hand-held!!

Obviously this means no .mp3 files but still WooHoo!

excellent
    cheers,
    Paul

Please notice, that i used dynamic linking, most of older reported error depends on static linking. I check this at weekend.

I made a step by step tutorial, but only in German, for bigger docs my language knowledge is too less.

I made two simple samples, http://www.seban.de/download/fpc4gp2x.zip . Both versions, for Windows and GP2X, are included.

- sdlcheck.gpe
    Only for simple testing, left and right to move, press x for quitting.

- sfighter.gpe
    Simple shooter with scrolling background, press both shoulder buttons for quitting.

Both are compiled with "ppcrossarm -dGP2 -dno_smpeg project.dpr".

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by KidPaddle
    Please notice, that i used dynamic ]http://www.seban.de/download/fpc4gp2x.zip[/url]. Both versions, for Windows and GP2X, are included.

- sdlcheck.gpe
    Only for simple testing, left and right to move, press x for quitting.

- sfighter.gpe
    Simple shooter with scrolling background, press both shoulder buttons for quitting.

Both are compiled with "ppcrossarm -dGP2 -dno_smpeg project.dpr".

Thomas
    Neat :-)

BTW, the zip file link you provided has a '.' character at the end and needs removing.

Do you have a link to your german tutorial?
    I should be able to use a translator to get the gist of how to get this working for myself

cheers,
    Paul

Hi KidPaddle,
    Is the information on your home page still relevant to the new fpc 2.2.4 cross-compiler?

Orignal URL
    http://www.seban.de/

Translated URL
    http://translate.google.com.au/trans...%3Den%26sa%3DG

cheers,
    Paul

Yes, it is. But auto translation is very ugly and partly wrong.

Thomas

Static compiling doesn't work, i got errors like this
    Code:
    /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.2.4/units/arm-linux/rtl/errors.o uses hardware FP, whereas sdltest uses software FP
    cross compiler is build with
    Code:
    make crosszipinstall CPU_TARGET=arm CROSSOPT='-CfSOFT -dGP2X -dno_smpeg -dFPC_ARM -O- -gl' CROSSBINDIR=/usr/local/gp2xdev/bin BINUTILSPREFIX=gp2x-
    , but it seems to be, that the option -CfSOFT is not used.

For static linking, i need softfloat, all libraries in gp2x sdk has softfloat and mixing is not possible.

At this time, i can not use optimized sdl libraries.

Thomas

I wonder if it will be able to use it in the future Pandora hand-held. I commented it in the FPC's mail list and they said it should run but they can't test it because today Pandora is just a prototype. Actually they (Pandora developers) build the first complete Pandora prototype yesterday.
    No signature provided yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast