Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A new PGD

Re: A new PGD

On a different topic, I'm using the pgd-light theme and have noticed one thing...

If I select the option to copy syntax hight-lighted code to the clipboard (pascal syntax high-light), it either doesn't work at all, or the whole post text is copied to the clipboard instead of just the stuff in the pascal syntax block.

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

Nice work guys! I checked it out with some of my older posts. No problems to speak of.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    On a different topic, I'm using the pgd-light theme and have noticed one thing...

If I select the option to copy syntax hight-lighted code to the clipboard (pascal syntax high-light), it either doesn't work at all, or the whole post text is copied to the clipboard instead of just the stuff in the pascal syntax block.

cheers,
    Paul
    Thanks for highlighting this Paul.

It kind of works in IE (if you count the inclusion of non-breaking spaces as working), but it does seem to be dead in FireFox, which is pretty strange because I'm fairly certain I tested it in FireFox as it's my primary browser.

Still, I did say this plugin was still in beta according to it's author.

As a work around, you can view the text as plain text and then copy and paste that.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Thanks for the info Athena :-)
    I also use Firefox (3.x) as my primary browser...

cheers,
    Paul

On the wiki. Have a look at the syntax of jspwiki for tables: http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/SortableTables
    and normal syntax:
    http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/TextFormattingRules
    unfortunately it is java :-(
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi all,

Just to let you guys know, I've just butchered tweaked the main index file to try and avoid the problems we are having with the session table becoming corrupt (it just crashed when I was trying to read a few threads).

The system now automagically repairs the table, so the boards should stay up and running even if the sessions table does crash.  The down side, this occurs with every request and so could potentially cause performance problems.

I see this as a temporary fix while Traveler and I try and figure a more permanent solution out, but failing that it could potentially be left in place to ensure the site does not crash to it's knees because of a broken DB.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries

Sounds good Athena! Nice job.

Any word on the new wiki-based article system? Traveler?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thanks for the work Athena. I've been busy with a lot of other stuff at the moment. All non gamedev related, unfortunately. I may have some time later this week, for the new article system.

Blog Entries

Sounds good my friend. Oh another nag... News... there hasn't been any news postings since well... the new site popped up. I guess this is why it's gotten so quiet.. Nothing new and exciting to want to come and see. I posed something myself, but how does someone without admin access post to the front page?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    News... there hasn't been any news postings since well... the new site popped up. I guess this is why it's gotten so quiet.. Nothing new and exciting to want to come and see. I posed something myself, but how does someone without admin access post to the front page?
    I know, the slow news troubles me as well.
    Because the portal doesn't allow only certain topics to be promoted as news, the idea was that people would write about their (new) projects, like they used to do, and we added a post about it on the front page.

Why people suddenly stopped writing after the switch is beyond me.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast