Thread: Creative Block???

Creative Block???

Damn am I having a hard time to come up with a game idea... I just don't know what to make.

But while I have trouble thinking of a good game idea, I'm gonna make a bunch of crappy tech-demos to refine my development skills.

Any help with good game ideas would be surely appreciated.

Re: Creative Block???

I never feel it's a problem to get ideas. It's more a problem to stop getting ideas
    Like when I'm working on a game, I easily get 50 new game ideas. Not all of them are good, but they usually distract me from the game I'm working on.

If you're having trouble coming up with an idea, why not just take an old game and build on it. For example take pacman and see what you can do with it. Perhaps make him collect weapons instead of cherries so he can shoot ghosts. Make a bomb so he can blow a hole in the wall so he can escape the ghosts.
    Take an old classic and evolve it is my suggestion if you can't find something to do yourself.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Thanks for the idea... I always liked titles such as Space Invaders and Asteroids... I think you can put a good spin on those. Although I can come up with a whole line-up of classics, just need to remember 'em all...

Another good option I have - Dust of my SNES and Genesis emulators and play some games...

Commander Keen.. oh the times.. Often visits mind somekind of remake but problem is that i start demanding too much from games and the vision blurs and goes away

Blog Entries

You know what I've been going to for inspiration lately? Old board games I used to play. Seriously, they are easy to remake and modify with your own ideas. Then again there is older PC and console games. Older the better too as that's when everything was new and noone really had anything to follow as much so you just did your own thing.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder