Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accessing the PGD library

Accessing the PGD library

This may be a trivial question but...:

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW CAN I ACCESS THE LIBRARY ARTICLES

Every time I try to access an article it says I have to register first, but there is only an option to login and my PGD username and password just don't work.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Hoping news soon...

Storm Rider

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Accessing the PGD library

Hi Storm Rider,

I'm not sure what you're doing, but I just fired up a new session connection to PGD so I wasn't logged in and I was able to get to any article I tried.

Can you provide more information... browser details, the links you are clicking on, a sceenshot even showing the link and the page you get when you try it.

Thanks
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

try "Categories" or "PageIndex" link
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

If you are signed in and try to go to an article it tries to take you to the "edit" version (IE: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...velopment/edit) and this fails giving you back an error page. If you sign out you can view the articles just fine. Looks like you have a few errors in your login handler and editing mode . I can see why you try to set to editing mode, but you should fall back to view mode if the validation fails.

BTW: Why can't I edit my own article LOL

- Jeremy

Mind you that the account used on the PGD forum is not the same as the one in the Library. So having a forum account does not automatically imply that you can login in the Library. I shall make this a bit more clear in the register form.

"You don't have write access to this page. You might need to register an account to be able to edit this page."

This comes up on some articles, maybe just half of them while rest open up nicely...

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Links underlined with a red dotted line do not yet exist within the Wiki system. Since Wikis are meant to be collaborative efforts, if you click one it will automatically take you to a page where you can create the page you wanted.

Without an account, you can't edit pages and so you get the error.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    Links underlined with a red dotted line do not yet exist within the Wiki system. Since Wikis are meant to be collaborative efforts, if you click one it will automatically take you to a page where you can create the page you wanted.

Without an account, you can't edit pages and so you get the error.
    That REALLY should be pointed out some place on the page. For the un-knowing suspect it looks like there is an error. By the way, what red line? Christ I have a hard enough time with the bright on bright stuff here, don't tell me there is red on brown (or brown on red)! A color blind guy could go insane on this site LOL.

- Jeremy

Now I got the problem :

the underlined red dotted categories aren't still available. Sorry the message I got from wiki wasn't enlightening...but that's ok.

Guess I will have to wait for the articles a little more...

Storm Rider

System: Windows Vista
    Compiler/IDE: Delphi 2007
    API: DirectX 9, Clootie's examples

Blog Entries

Actually there is a small issue with regards to color in the PGD Library. I think another color than bright blue should be picked for links. It is very hard to see for anybody when you use a floating box and a link inside of it.

ie.: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/PGDLib/DelphiPrism

You can barely make out the links...

A lot of red dotted underlines were mostly due to myself putting in links to pages that I have not created yet, but plan to soon. Don't worry I will add them in due time.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast