Thread: Microsoft discontinuing support for TrueSpace

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Microsoft discontinuing support for TrueSpace

For anyone after a free 3D modelling app, now is the time to get it. TrueSpace 7.6 from Caligari was released as a free product sometime ago. There is some link to Microsoft (but I'm not sure what exactly) and they are reducing their support. This could see TrueSpace vanish into the ether.

So, you can download TrueSpace and a bunch of tutorial videos etc. for free, but I suggest you do it fast as the site could be affected as early as Friday 22nd May.

Thanks to Savage for the information.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Re: Microsoft discontinuing support for TrueSpace

Thanks! Downloading now
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

I downloaded this as soon it was announced it become free; but i got disapointed how unfriendly this program seem to be; tons of buttons and options all visible at the same time, everything operate different that other programs; it have two main menus both with a FILE option, mmm, very large learning curve.

Btw about this News section, dont you guys think there is too much sticky threads on in?, I had to go to page #4 to found today new post!, first 3 pages are just sticky post; and most of them are sooo old.

Not just here but in all sections there are too old sticky post; few days ago in another sections someone answered a two yeard old post like if the question was post yesterday, it looks silly, but like this guys said, very old post are in the top of the section.

Blog Entries

Well I've got mine.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Yes TrueSpace takes a long time to learn. And when you do not use it for a while you have to learn all over again.

Nowadays i use google sketchup. No learning curve at all. And lots of plugins (even physics).

I believe Microsoft bought Truespace to compete with Sketchup. I gues it did not work.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

I downloaded it once and hated the interface; so unintuitive and confusing.
    Marmin^.Style