Thread: Great offer on Delphi upgrades

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great offer on Delphi upgrades

If you've got an old version of Delphi and have been considering upgrading to Delphi 2009... now could be the time to get on and do it. Embracadero have a great off on at the moment... upgrade to Delphi 2009, and they'll ship you the equivalent version of RAD Studio 2009.

You'll have to be quick as the offer ends on 26th June 2009.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Re: Great offer on Delphi upgrades

Yes, just got my delphi upgraded that way. I yet have to download and install it. So that is up for the weekend.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries

Anyone grabbing Delphi Prism? I know interest in XNA has grown a lot, just curious if any Pascal developers want to work with it?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Pity their is currently no cheap versions of Delphi 2009... at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Anyone grabbing Delphi Prism? I know interest in XNA has grown a lot, just curious if any Pascal developers want to work with it?
    I have Delphi Prism, just haven't done much with it except for trying the XNA tutorial 1 converted to Delphi Prism in it

cheers,
    Paul

I am going to use delphi prism for a total rewrite of my cms. I already wrote some code for it in delphi but then there was .net 2.0 and i lost interest (easier to keep vb code and my webhost pushes me to go to .net 2.0 instead of .net 1.2). Is there also a vb.net to delphi prism converter as that is the language my cms is written in.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries

Great thing about Prism is that it's based on RemObjects' Oxygene compiler which doesn't seem to have changed too much in the way of language specifics other than say the addition of the newer features (generics, etc..)

Personally I'd love to start seeing some actual game development in XNA with Prism. That alone will open a ton of new doors for people to deploy their Object Pascal games if someone just starts making a game.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder