Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Questions about rules and judging

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Questions about rules and judging

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    Question 1: Among the rules I can't see anything stating that the entries need to be coded in pascal. Is it an oversight?
    I guess people aren't reading the terms and conditions that you are agreeing to when you're signing up accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by General Terms and Conditions
    3. Unless otherwise stated by the competition rules, all competition entries should be developed using Pascal or it's derivatives such as Object Pascal.
    In fact I haven't signed yet, so I can't guess this clause. I have just read the competition rules, and there isn't indicated that it is for pascal entries only. My fault, I should have to register before posting here.
    Thanks for updating the clause 7
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    In fact I haven't signed yet, so I can't guess this clause. I have just read the competition rules, and there isn't indicated that it is for pascal entries only. My fault, I should have to register before posting here.
    Thanks for updating the clause 7
    This is a learning experience for me and whilst I've got some feedback from other members of staff, particularly Will as he's organised the others, it's still a case of getting the balance right and putting things in the right place.

Since the site is for PGD only (at the moment), it makes sense to make the statement about submissions at the highest level so we don't have to worry about adding the same old things for every competition. Another example is the maximum upload sizes (limits are going to be imposed).

So, thanks to everyone who's putting up with the rule changes etc. I'm hoping not to have too many rule changes. As soon as we've got the final changes ironed out, they'll be uploaded to the site and a news item with details of the changes will be posted.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    This is a learning experience for me and whilst I've got some feedback from other members of staff, particularly Will as he's organised the others, it's still a case of getting the balance right and putting things in the right place.

Since the site is for PGD only (at the moment), it makes sense to make the statement about submissions at the highest level so we don't have to worry about adding the same old things for every competition. Another example is the maximum upload sizes (limits are going to be imposed).

So, thanks to everyone who's putting up with the rule changes etc. I'm hoping not to have too many rule changes. As soon as we've got the final changes ironed out, they'll be uploaded to the site and a news item with details of the changes will be posted.
    AoD, I'll go through some of the docs I have lying around. Some place I have a standard template for "competition rules, regulations, and standards" that we use when we do this sort of thing. It gives all the guidelines and such for different countries as well as presents "good practice" about how to setup and display the websites. If I can find it that is

- Jeremy

Are there any rules for what type of language/symbols etc. are allowed in the game? For instance would it be allowed to have swastikas in the game? I believe there were some restrictions of this type in the last compo.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
    Are there any rules for what type of language/symbols etc. are allowed in the game? For instance would it be allowed to have swastikas in the game? I believe there were some restrictions of this type in the last compo.
    It would be a bad idea to put anything in reference to WWII Nazi symbolism into the game as then no one in Germany can play/install/look at your game legally.

What is the maximum opengl version i can use? Are there limits other then the judges machines.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noeska
    What is the maximum opengl version i can use? Are there limits other then the judges machines.
    The limitations are the judges machines, which is why we try to ensure that the judges hardware specs are there and as complete as possible.

I'm going on a holiday (probably leave on thursday), and I will be away for approx. 12 days. So, I can't upload the design document in time, because I probably will not have an internet connection.

So what should I do? I could submit a very basic design doc tomorrow, but the design-doc uploading system might not be there yet. I could also continue designing during my holiday and submit it afterwards. Is that possible or do I drop out of the compo, if I don't submit it on time? :?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries

You won't drop out of the competition if you don't submit a design document, you'll just misout on the points.

But... since, from the sounds of it, you will have a document then as it's my fault you won't be able to upload it on time, then if no-one objects I would suggest you send the file to me, clearly marked with your team name and STAGE1Submission. Include PGD2009 in the email subject header.

I'll upload them (I may have to change your account passwords) as soon as the submission system is done. The same goes for anyone else who may miss this deadline because of vacation etc. and the system not being available now. Send your submissions to me and I will upload them.

The problem won't recurr because it is my plan to get the submission system online ASAP.

can you explain rule ta4 a bit futher?

Every new game should start in the same place and the overall flow of the game should follow the same path for each successive game.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast