Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Two whole month's. That's way more than i could've hoped for.

I had allready given up the hope, but this will give me the opportunity to finish this in time. Thanks guys.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think for me, part of the motivation to change the deadline is to ensure we have some good games at the end of it, after all, the PGD Annual is a good showcase of what we can do with Pascal and of course the winning entry will be sponsored to enter the IGF, so we want something good to show off there too.

We also have some nice prizes so I'd like to see entries that are worthy of winning those prizes, and a bunch of withdrawals or unfinished games are hardly that.

So... crack on, read Travelers advice, as he said... good planning and management can make all the difference. At the very least, as Traveler suggested, post some screenies, allow people to test and make yourself a to-do list, watching items get crossed off that list can be great motivation as it really does give you a light at the end of the tunnel.

The only thing I'll add to what Traveler said about getting the judges to run your games... you need to pay particular attention to making your game easy to install and setup as we do have one or two judges that are not developers... they are representatives of some of our sponsors and two of them do not frequent PGD. So, if you need a full test by all the judges, post your request in the relevant thread and drop me a PM. I can then forward your request to them.

Good luck
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    I think for me, part of the motivation to change the deadline is to ensure we have some good games at the end of it, after all, the PGD Annual is a good showcase of what we can do with Pascal and of course the winning entry will be sponsored to enter the IGF, so we want something good to show off there too.

We also have some nice prizes so I'd like to see entries that are worthy of winning those prizes, and a bunch of withdrawals or unfinished games are hardly that.

So... crack on, read Travelers advice, as he said... good planning and management can make all the difference. At the very least, as Traveler suggested, post some screenies, allow people to test and make yourself a to-do list, watching items get crossed off that list can be great motivation as it really does give you a light at the end of the tunnel.

The only thing I'll add to what Traveler said about getting the judges to run your games... you need to pay particular attention to making your game easy to install and setup as we do have one or two judges that are not developers... they are representatives of some of our sponsors and two of them do not frequent PGD. So, if you need a full test by all the judges, post your request in the relevant thread and drop me a PM. I can then forward your request to them.

Good luck
    Thanks so much Athena and Traveler for the time extension!

BTW, I now have another update:

http://day-of-destruction.blogspot.com/

cheers,
    Paul

I have another update for Day Of Destruction!
    http://day-of-destruction.blogspot.com/

cheers,
    Paul

Keep up the good work!!
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDOME
    Keep up the good work!!
    Thanks for the kind words chief

You too!

cheers,
    Paul

Still not a lot of progress on other competitors to see here... Even with the deadline extended...

Last weekend I implement some gameplay-stuff (respawn of a car when it's out of the track or stuck) and a graphics update: reflection via sphere mapping.

This week I don't have much time. Still a lot of other "planning" things to do .
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDOME
    Still not a lot of progress on other competitors to see here... Even with the deadline extended...
    I agree... could we possibly get a role call (and quick screenie) from everyone who is competing. We had a lot of people signup and submit design documents, so how are you guys getting on?

Post some screenies, get some support from everyone (including the other competitors) :-) Get peeps to test for you, get some performance details from people to help you optimise etc.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Right now I'm re-thinking about our last decision. I was chatting with the musician, the one who was more motivated, and may be we'll try with a very different project, less ambitious. Not sure if we'll re-join the conquest yet, but I'll think about it.
    No signature provided yet.

I'd be happy to post a screenie, but first I need to resolve this problem.

http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...p?topic=5950.0

Haven't made alot of progress though... Still quite busy. But I'm sure I'll have "some" time, this week.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast