Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Blog Entries

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Maybe you should try an email announcement for all competitors who have registered. This will make sure the word gets out to all that don't check these forums.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Here is a slightly updated screenshot with a changed energy and damage bars, and a much nicer earth graphic...

cheers,
    Paul

This is my screenshot. You can allready see the tunnel, some particles and fonts working.

Still alot of work to do.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Nice work Chrono
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

I've made some progress today. Got rid of some redundant code and I've rewritten the particle render code. Next step is to implement "game states".

Another screenie (nothing new though).

Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    I've made some progress today. Got rid of some redundant code and I've rewritten the particle render code. Next step is to implement "game states".

Another screenie (nothing new though).

Lookin' good chief

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

It's pretty exciting to see all these visual changes and additions to your games. Keep it up guys. I'm getting excited to be having to play all these come end of November. BTW The competition ends 1 day after my 30th birthday. lol
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    It's pretty exciting to see all these visual changes and additions to your games. Keep it up guys. I'm getting excited to be having to play all these come end of November. BTW The competition ends 1 day after my 30th birthday. lol
    late birthday present for you WILL! haha

cheers,
    Paul

@WILL, It you just said your b-day would be on the competition end-date, we would believe it also

@Chrono: Nice work again!!

Yesterday I received a music file form our musician. Now I need to implement music playback in my engine.
    For the rest I also have some gameplay elements in place:
    - Check point detection/chase.
    - Re spawn if your stuck or fly out of the track or land on your roof (yes, it sometimes happen ).
    - Countdown 3..2..1..GO! with visual numbers and sound before the race starts.
    - Graphic enhancements: reflections (http://www.necrosoft.nl/?p=596)
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

I wanted to post a screenshot earlier, but I'm extremely busy with some other projects right now. So I'm extremely grateful for the deadline extension.

Here is the first screenshot of my game:

(Click to enlarge)

I'm trying a different graphic style for this competition, I draw the graphics myself on paper, then scan and edit them with GIMP.
    The screenshot shows the first level (tutorial level). I don't have all the graphics finished but as soon as I have I'll post another screenshot or maybe a little demo.

Btw: The game supports an anaglyph effect, so if you have one of those 3D glasses it looks way cooler
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast