Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Nice, Nice... Keep on working and show it to us
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

@PJP Dev: Nice I was making levels like that for a game a couple of years back now...much easier/quicker than doing a full blown editor

@NecroDOME: sweet ride! where can I get one?

cheers,
    Paul

Update...update...update! LOL

http://day-of-destruction.blogspot.com/

cheers,
    Paul

I've just uploaded a little movie showing what my game is going to look like. There is a camera moving pretty fast through the tunnel and there is menu functionality.
    Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC7ZvL0FVB0
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

How do you make such an movie? What tools are needed?
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

There are several ways to do this. Fraps was used in this case. Camstudio can be an alternative. We've had a couple threads about this question in the past.

Nice movie btw!

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    I've just uploaded a little movie showing what my game is going to look like. There is a camera moving pretty fast through the tunnel and there is menu functionality.
    Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC7ZvL0FVB0
    Very nice indeed! I am looking forward to playing this

cheers,
    Paul

I have uploaded a new version of Day Of Destruction!

http://fpc4gp2x.eonclash.com/downloads/DOD.7z

I have reconfigured the control inputs via ini file stuff, and have updated the documentation help file (now is a pdf file).

Most actions in the game can be controlled via multiple input types (keyboard, joystick, mouse - configurable via the ini file)

You can now control the complete game (except for exiting) via joystick or mouse only

You can now use the joystick/mouse to add credits, start a game, play the game, and enter high scores!

The joystick movement might need some work still though - I might need to change to using a thread to poll SDL joystick movement

Enjoy, and feedback would be most welcome

cheers,
    Paul

The first time, I ran it from the ZIP and it crashed (Should never do that, but sometimes it works )

I had some trouble remembering what the controls were. "1" to start the game is not very inuitive IMHO. Allthough a readmy helps, It would be more awesome to have a little peice of text somewhere: "Press 1 to start"

I played it a couple of times and noticed how I could survive for just 30 seconds. There is an awefull number of astroids and they just keep splitting and splitting instead of disappearing (Rraargh ). I end up having 20 really tiny astroids very near the earth and bigger ones comming in. There is just no way to kill them.

It would be nice to have less astroids but more interesting astroid trajectories. For example, you could make them enter an orbit and slowly spiral towards the earth (while accellerating). It would also be great If there was a weapon to eliminate all those tiny astro's near the earth. Something that sends out a shockwave, destroying all astroids within a certain range.

It looks very nice paul. Keep it up. You allready have some credits for creating "the first playable PGD2009 entry".

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    The first time, I ran it from the ZIP and it crashed (Should never do that, but sometimes it works )

I had some trouble remembering what the controls were. "1" to start the game is not very inuitive IMHO. Allthough a readmy helps, It would be more awesome to have a little peice of text somewhere: "Press 1 to start"

I played it a couple of times and noticed how I could survive for just 30 seconds. There is an awefull number of astroids and they just keep splitting and splitting instead of disappearing (Rraargh ). I end up having 20 really tiny astroids very near the earth and bigger ones comming in. There is just no way to kill them.

It would be nice to have less astroids but more interesting astroid trajectories. For example, you could make them enter an orbit and slowly spiral towards the earth (while accellerating). It would also be great If there was a weapon to eliminate all those tiny astro's near the earth. Something that sends out a shockwave, destroying all astroids within a certain range.

It looks very nice paul. Keep it up. You allready have some credits for creating "the first playable PGD2009 entry".
    Thanks for all the feedback chronozphere

I will try and improve on what you said about it

cheers,
    Paul

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast