Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Progress

Working Title: Intel Sppoks
    Style: Platformer
    Graphics: 2D
    API: Andorra2D

Description: You're a spy that must collect intel from various computer workstations, but its not that simple... There will be baddies and booby traps all over.

Progress: Design Document uploaded

Stage 2 is coming closer...

I suppose I might as well post about my game here since everybody else i doing it

Working Title: Rod Preston
    Genre: Side-scrolling 2d shooter (run-n-gun)
    Graphics: Well 2d. I'll put my brother on the job and see what he comes up with
    Technology: Turbo Delphi and Phoenix 2
    Platform: Windows (maybe Linux and MacOS later on)

Short Description:
    Following a really bad storyline the player will control Rod Preston, a typical masculine hero like Duke Nukem, shooting thousands of Nazi- and KKK zombies (stupid eh?) in his quest to save his sister.
    Progress: Just uploaded my gdd
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Working title: Day of Destruction!
    Game Style: non-scrolling 2d side view game.
    Genre: action/survival
    Graphics Type: not sure yet - vector graphics, bit mapped polygons, other?
    Technology: SDL for window/input/timing, and OpenGL or graphics.
    Platform: PC, Win32

Progress: now have started coding the game. I have got a basic SDL application framework together so I can now display some graphics

cheers,
    Paul

Working Title: SubMerged

Progress: Phew the Design Document is 'finished' ... Actualy it is not, but the deadline is there. If you are curious i posted my Design Document on the SubMerged Site: http://sites.vanderhoning.net/submerged

Now it is time to set up svn and start coding and drawing graphics ...
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noeska
    Working Title: SubMerged

Progress: Phew the Design Document is 'finished' ... Actualy it is not, but the deadline is there. If you are curious i posted my Design Document on the SubMerged Site: http://sites.vanderhoning.net/submerged

Now it is time to set up svn and start coding and drawing graphics ...
    Actually, you have nearly 12 more hours (at the time of posting) until the deadline. As an example, stage 2 starts on Sunday 12th July. That is 00:00 (midnight) on the 12th July. It runs until Saturday 26th September. That is 23:59 (just before midnght) on the 26th September. All times are based on the server time which is displayed at the top of every page, and actually looking at the site, you over 13 hours as the server runs on GMT (or UTC if you prefer) permanently.

Just be aware that the system obviously checks the time when the upload process is completed. So just don't leave it too late.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Title: Intel Spooks
    Style: Platform
    Graphics 2D
    API: Andorra2D

Progress: Reboot from Linux, login to Windows... Time to lay the groundwork for the game...

Working title: The pipeline (check previous post)

Just uploaded the Design document. I'm now writing another doc with some todo lists. It describes exactly what media needs to be created and what kind of code needs to be written. A big checklist so to speak.

I'm still working very hard on my last-minute OpenGL renderer. It allready has textures and lit meshes and Fontstudio Fonts. I still have to add more rendering functionality, including Particle systems, Render-to-texture etc. Then it's time to start loading geometry and develop a way to design race tracks.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Having read these brief comments, I can't wait to see how this competition progresses. With the imminent arrival of the stage 1 deadline, be sure to get your design documents submitted.

Good luck to everyone.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Hi all,
    I have now started my very first blog, and it is dedicated to Day Of Destruction!

You can follow my (possibly slow) progress here:

http://day-of-destruction.blogspot.com/

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Hi all,
    I have now started my very first blog, and it is dedicated to Day Of Destruction!

You can follow my (possibly slow) progress here:

http://day-of-destruction.blogspot.com/

cheers,
    Paul
    I have updated by blog to now contains two (GASP!) posts!! LOL

It is good to see I have two blog followers already

cheers,
    Paul

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast